• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Seeing a recent proliferation of properly worded, but unenforceable, 30.06 signage on city properties these days (even our city's maintenance garage has one posted), it's almost like Texas' city managers/council members have attended a seminar and decided that, since no penalty is involved, it's OK to use the signage for intimidation/feel good purposes?

It is my understanding, although in contravention of State statutes, it is not an illegal act to post these signs; and I agree it's likely best to let sleeping, unenforceable dogs lie and not draw attention to them, but the proliferation is nonetheless disturbing.

It is hard to deny that the chances of an illegal arrest arguably increase with every unenforceable sign put up, along with the attendant costs to both parties.

Any legal minds (jailhouse, or otherwise) ever comment on the possible applicability of 39.03 (2), once these folks are made aware of their actions?

Chapters 36 & 39, Penal Code

Apparently these offenses constitute a Class A misdemeanor and, along with a friendly, concerned citizen's query to the powers-that-be regarding the signs, and which includes a reference to the above, may be enough to get them to at least examine their actions.

Just as with a CCW, it's not something I would want to use without absolute and proper justification, but ....

Then again, maybe I missed something?

Would've posted this at TexasCHL forum, but it appears to be taking a vacation.
    Guns International

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Caution.
    Lefties at work.

If left alone, it will get worse.
    I'm going to be watching for these signs.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Proliferation? Really? I am aware of the random sign, such as your city garage, but where all do you see them that would be so prolific?

I have found a politely worded email to the city government works wonders. I did so for the Irving convention center a few years ago. Mind you I never threatened anyone with official oppression or other criminal act.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Proliferation? Really? I am aware of the random sign, such as your city garage, but where all do you see them that would be so prolific?

I have found a politely worded email to the city government works wonders. I did so for the Irving convention center a few years ago. Mind you I never threatened anyone with official oppression or other criminal act.

Mind you, neither have I, nor would I care to do so unless all else fails; same rationale behind using that CCW that may be in our belts. :)

However, calling the recent 30.06 posting of a Recreation Center, two parks, and a Community Center a "proliferation" is a reasonable description that I will stand by in any case.

Relax, didn't come here to pick a fight ... just a combat veteran, 2nd Amendment advocate, who fought for, and took an oath to uphold, the Constitution, who thoroughly dislikes governmental intimidation in ALL forms, and who prefers to count all his possible legal ammo in advance.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Relax, didn't come here to pick a fight ... just a combat veteran, 2nd Amendment advocate, who fought for, and took an oath to uphold, the Constitution, who thoroughly dislikes governmental intimidation in ALL forms, and who prefers to count all his possible legal ammo in advance.

You realize they have a first amendment right to post the sign? Are you gonna switch sides now?

As TXI says, a polite letter is the best solution.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You realize they have a first amendment right to post the sign? Are you gonna switch sides now?

They have a Constitutional right to put up anativity scene too, but people will fight it.

Polite is always best at first.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Yep, as I clearly indicated.

Regarding governmental "rights", check out the Constitution. It's a good read, might want to try it sometimes.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Seeing he is from Houston, dare I say...that's where he is seeing them

Actually, in a city surrounded by Houston, apparently staffed by anti-second amendment folks, and judging from the last two elections, with more money than sense.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Government doesnt have rights. The citizens do

Let's see what the Constitution says:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Looks like governments do have rights.

Top Bottom