• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Yeah tow/haul on the 'berbs is tuned for 500 lb. garden trailers and jet skis, not actual towing ;)

You're doing better than the time I put a tow bar on a Firebird and drug a tetris loaded 5x8 U-haul single axle across the country.
    The shit we towed back in the day was crazy…no one had trucks or SUVs, just sedans and station wagons LOL
    ARJ Defense ad

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Yeah tow/haul on the 'berbs is tuned for 500 lb. garden trailers and jet skis, not actual towing ;)

You're doing better than the time I put a tow bar on a Firebird and drug a tetris loaded 5x8 U-haul single axle across the country.
    Been there done that, lol. In '82 - was pulling a loaded 5x8 from NE to MT... and the wind flipped it just outside of Wheatland WY; I was pulling it with a....
    The shit we towed back in the day was crazy…no one had trucks or SUVs, just sedans and station wagons LOL
    paint chipped gold '69 LeSabre I'd bought at Weird Wally's for $500 bucks. It was the screwdriver that opened the trunk through the hole that made the sale. :laughing:

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Pretty sure my torque converter is going out.
    Only a matter of time on these 6L80 trannies…I already replaced the one in my Silverado.

I’m getting slip and whine/howl that I can minimize/prevent by manually shifting and keeping throttle input gentle in 5th and 6th (both overdrive).

Should be able to limp it back home.

Still have about 6 months/6k miles of warranty left.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Pretty sure my torque converter is going out.
    Only a matter of time on these 6L80 trannies…I already replaced the one in my Silverado.

I’m getting slip and whine/howl that I can minimize/prevent by manually shifting and keeping throttle input gentle in 5th and 6th (both overdrive).

Should be able to limp it back home.

Still have about 6 months/6k miles of warranty left.

If you break down, can't drive you suburban any more, let us know and, hopefully, one of us can tow you back home.

I'm sure we can get a tow bar somewhere.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Sounds like the Kalifornia Covid to me. Newsom has the UCSF medical research team spreading airborne viruses in major cities so he can keep his Covid emergency powers in place.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Boat is right around 5k lbs, plus all the cargo we brought. So we we’re heavy.

First heavy-ish tow with the Suburban.
    Factory tow mode is absolutely worthless, very quickly learned I had to manually shift otherwise it hunted waaaaay too much and got hot.

These LA/LT motors need to rev, was happy around 3-4k rpm…which equates to 3rd or 4th gear on the highway to hold 70-75-ish.

You never really notice the grades until towing…I was in 3rd quite a bit. But the motor was happy and temps were cool.

Averaging 9mpg.

Here’s a pic of the rig.
    You can see we are packed pretty tight in there
    :laughing: View attachment 391032 View attachment 391033
    That's some nice packing

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Everyone is still sick as shit.

To add insult to injury…transmission is toast.
    It’s still under warranty and we have roadside assistance.

We’re at this Airbnb for one more night before heading to San Diego, I guess I’ll be putting “trip interruption assistance” to the test.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    …off to the dealer.

The sales manager is a member on another forum I’m a mod in, he will get me to the front of the service queue.

But he said dealing with these on warranty is gonna take a few days at the least just to do the tear down and get approvals.

I’m sooo over CA and this road trip, we’re driving home Friday one way or another, in a rental if we have to.

We have rental reimbursement coverage, so the San Diego leg of our trip is still gonna happen.

The big question is gonna be how the hell I get Suburban home.

Will they transport it?
    Will I have to fly out here and drive it back?
    Stay tuned…

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom