• jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    "A promise was made"

I'm not service disabled, but I did qualify for Tier 8 VA medical benefits. The Walla Walla VA hospital is very good; the Portland OR VA hospital is very bad.

I'm lucky that we have a local VA clinic, but I don't get seen often enough for a diabetic, and the doc/NP/PA turnover is such that often I am w/o a medical provider. The Choice/Community Care program is something I couldn't do w/o, but lately it takes forever to get things approved and they often get lost in the works. This is since the VA switched the program from private mgt to in house; and they are seriously understaffed!!
    I think President Trump was working on a plan to revamp the VA while he was in office. He fired several VA staff persons and things started to look better for vets. I think Trump was working on a plan that would allow veterans to get VA benefits through regular doctors but I haven't heard anything.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    When I was trying to get some hearing aids, the VA tested me and said I was legally considered deaf enough for benefits, but that's when I could not get assigned to a VA doctor. After many months, I told the VA dude to forget my problem and just help those soldiers coming home from Afghanistan with missing limbs...they have not treated those injured soldiers very well.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    I have several friends that were deployed in Viet Nam and have and are suffering numerous health issues caused by Agent Orange, Our govt lied for years about using Agent Orange and just a few years ago the veterans started getting full disability due to contact with that agent, but many died before the govt finally admitted the problem. SAD SAD

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    you all will be safe (average age of this forum is over 60)

Who will get screwed AGAIN, is millennials and younger Gen-Xers.

Serving in 2 wars over 20 years in length and again... we got screwed. LOL it would be funny if it wasn't so sad watching the Silent Generation and the Boomers completely wrecking this country.

50 Millennials in the house (most elected in this election or the last)

3 in the Senate.

boomers and silent generation have run the congress for over 50 years.

Last edited:

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Do I get full use of my body back after I retire? Does my buddy get his arm back? Hell maybe my other buddies eye will grow back?
    No I am not saying it is justified, I lost 75% usage of my left arm in a construction accident after I retired from the military with no compensation at all after 6 months of occupational therapy. The hard facts are that the USA spends way more than it takes in and the national debt will destroy our nation if not brought under control. So we all accept a reduction in government benefits and pay higher taxes and hope that it will be enough to forestall economic failure. IF the system collaspes then there will be soup kitchens and zero benefits . Again note that I said as a last resort after stripping government of featherbedders and congress of benefits including zero retirement pay. People think that the USA is exceptional and immune from total collapse like Argentina suffered- it is not.
    The VA fucks with us already. If you’re not in the system or haven’t had to deal with it you don’t understand. My money goes to out of pocket care because it’s months / years to get help from them.
    Absolutely, I am near Fort Worth and have experienced good service in general although wait times are sometimes horrendous .

Top Bottom