• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Maybe the cost of vet benefits wouldn't be so high if the government didn't constantly engage in new conflicts.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    OR DOLING OUT WELFARE BENEFITS TO PROPLE WHO SHOULD AND CANWORK FOR THEIR LIVING! MANY VETERANS WERE DISABLED DUE TO INJURIES IN SERVIC TO OUR COUNTRYMOST PEOPLE ON WELFARE HAVE SACRIFICED NOTHING INSERVIVE OF THIS COUNTRY!BUT THEIR BENEFITS ARE NEVER AT RISK OFBEING DECREASED!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I think President Trump was working on a plan to revamp the VA while he was in office. He fired several VA staff persons and things started to look better for vets. I think Trump was working on a plan that would allow veterans to get VA benefits through regular doctors but I haven't heard anything.

The "Veteran's Choice" program, which let vets see regular docs in their community, started in 2014 under O'Bummer after the scandalous wait times and people dying while waiting were revealed to the public. The program was originally supposed to be temporary, but has been reauthorized and improved several times by Congress. At this time it is called Community Care. The name typical changes slightly under each new act of Congress.

When I was trying to get some hearing aids, the VA tested me and said I was legally considered deaf enough for benefits, but that's when I could not get assigned to a VA doctor. After many months, I told the VA dude to forget my problem and just help those soldiers coming home from Afghanistan with missing limbs...they have not treated those injured soldiers very well.

My former bozz was contacted and offered both hearing aids and a cash settlement for his service related hearing damage. It wasn't a lot of money tho. And he was NOT on VA medical benefits. If you have a local VA advocate, that might be a source of info/help.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heads up to my fellow vets. The congressional budget office is recommending that they cut benefits for disabled veterans.

Video by AC:

Links:

So screw the disabled vets. Send money around the world.

<>

The dems need the money for their illegal hordes. . . .

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    No I am not saying it is justified, I lost 75% usage of my left arm in a construction accident after I retired from the military with no compensation at all after 6 months of occupational therapy. The hard facts are that the USA spends way more than it takes in and the national debt will destroy our nation if not brought under control. So we all accept a reduction in government benefits and pay higher taxes and hope that it will be enough to forestall economic failure. IF the system collaspes then there will be soup kitchens and zero benefits . Again note that I said as a last resort after stripping government of featherbedders and congress of benefits including zero retirement pay. People think that the USA is exceptional and immune from total collapse like Argentina suffered- it is not.

Absolutely, I am near Fort Worth and have experienced good service in general although wait times are sometimes horrendous .
    So you feel that saving pennies will forestall the inevitable? This country takes in more than enough, through taxes and tariffs to fund the government, help the deserving poor, maintain Social Security, and give veterans the after service care they were PROMISED. WE ARE BANKRUPT and yet we continue to fund terror supporting states and organizations, all in the "quest" for world support. We're in the caboose, wondering why the train is going faster, while the locomotive went over the cliff years ago.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me tell a true story. Way back, some 30 years ago, a Veteran in West Texas needed a cast change.

V A sent a van w/ driver to take him to S.A. for the event, some 300+ miles each-way, put both into a hotel for the overnight.

No Physician visit, just a cast change by a V A Orthopedic Tech.

The procedure could have been done at a private clinic in Midland for about $30.

See ?

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    As a retired military/disabled veteran, I have both tricare prime and VA medical benefits. BY FAR, the VA system is more responsive and effective than the tricare prime system. I've heard the stories about VA inefficiency, but I have not experienced them at all. Perhaps many of them are OBE following the years of bad press. Tricare does everything they can NOT to see me, and will spend no more than 20 mins with me no matter how serious my problem. VA has regular appointments with me, and they are never rushed; they CALL ME to ensure my appointments are scheduled and attended. I can pick a doc most in most any part of the city. The VA also has better docs. Tricare are mostly active duty recently out of school, and they only see ailments found in the young, fit, military age population. VA docs know what old and broken looks like and refers accordingly. If you dropped the VA over a decade ago, I recommend giving them another chance.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a retired military/disabled veteran, I have both tricare prime and VA medical benefits. BY FAR, the VA system is more responsive and effective than the tricare prime system. I've heard the stories about VA inefficiency, but I have not experienced them at all. Perhaps many of them are OBE following the years of bad press. Tricare does everything they can NOT to see me, and will spend no more than 20 mins with me no matter how serious my problem. VA has regular appointments with me, and they are never rushed; they CALL ME to ensure my appointments are scheduled and attended. I can pick a doc most in most any part of the city. The VA also has better docs. Tricare are mostly active duty recently out of school, and they only see ailments found in the young, fit, military age population. VA docs know what old and broken looks like and refers accordingly. If you dropped the VA over a decade ago, I recommend giving them another chance.
    <>

We, Physicians & Nurses who have worked in VA facilities, could wear out your ears with tales of absolute absurdities.

<>

Top Bottom