• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Heads up to my fellow vets. The congressional budget office is recommending that they cut benefits for disabled veterans.

Video by AC:

Links:

So screw the disabled vets. Send money around the world.
    ARJ Defense ad

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    do you really expect anything else from the scum running the show right now.? vets are 'forgotten' folks, always have been. My brother worked at a VA hospital in the 70's after he served. Nothing's changed. everyone seems so gung ho about going to war, no one wants to pay for the consequences.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    To be fair, that’s part of CBOs duty, when asked by Congress to explore ways to reduce the deficit. The subject report is one of a dozen and a half or so from back in Decemeber, 2022. The whole of the report is here:

What’s not said is that neither the Congress nor the President is required to do anything with it.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    To be fair, that’s part of CBOs duty, when asked by Congress to explore ways to reduce the deficit. The subject report is one of a dozen and a half or so from back in Decemeber, 2022. The whole of the report is here:

What’s not said is that neither the Congress nor the President is required to do anything with it.
    Cool cool. “Wargame” cuts to vets send billions to Ukraine and line the pockets Lockheed / Raytheon.

Yell at the politicians so they don’t “forget it’s in the budget” shit like this gets slipped in and. No one pays attention. Screaming now means they know we know.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Yes this sucks, however, IF it is approved AFTER many other more logical budget reduction ideas, such as limiting congressional staffers and zero retirement benefits for congress and term limits and social security reductions and many other cost savings in popular programs then maybe this is only fair. Every retiring person sees a reduction in income

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Yes this sucks, however, IF it is approved AFTER many other more logical budget reduction ideas, such as limiting congressional staffers and zero retirement benefits for congress and term limits and social security reductions and many other cost savings in popular programs then maybe this is only fair. Every retiring person sees a reduction in income
    Do I get full use of my body back after I retire? Does my buddy get his arm back? Hell maybe my other buddies eye will grow back?

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    10D756B1-98A5-4992-A686-2E99AA65FBA8.jpeg

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    The VA fucks with us already. If you’re not in the system or haven’t had to deal with it you don’t understand. My money goes to out of pocket care because it’s months / years to get help from them.
    I have tried to get help with the VA and spent months on paperwork and found three reasons why I get no help:
    1. I make too much money. (Anything over $25K is too much)
    2. My service records was destroyed in a fire in St Louis. (Yes I have a DD214 but that doesn't matter)
    3. A doctor must be assigned to you to order benefits for you. I was refused when I asked for a doctor.
    This is from my personal experience. Some of you may get great benefits and I am happy for you.
    When I served in the US Army in the 1960's, ear plugs were not issued or required. I was too young and stupid to request them. The constant ringing in my ears increases every year.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I have tried to get help with the VA and spent months on paperwork and found three reasons why I get no help:
    1. I make too much money. (Anything over $25K is too much)
    2. My service records was destroyed in a fire in St Louis. (Yes I have a DD214 but that doesn't matter)
    3. A doctor must be assigned to you to order benefits for you. I was refused when I asked for a doctor.
    This is from my personal experience. Some of you may get great benefits and I am happy for you.
    When I served in the US Army in the 1960's, ear plugs were not issued or required. I was too young and stupid to request them. The constant ringing in my ears increases every year.
    I’m sorry man that sucks. You can always reach out to DAV they have helped me get through some of the BS before.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Have you written to the National Archives and started the process to have your records reconstructed?

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    "A promise was made"

I'm not service disabled, but I did qualify for Tier 8 VA medical benefits. The Walla Walla VA hospital is very good; the Portland OR VA hospital is very bad.

I'm lucky that we have a local VA clinic, but I don't get seen often enough for a diabetic, and the doc/NP/PA turnover is such that often I am w/o a medical provider. The Choice/Community Care program is something I couldn't do w/o, but lately it takes forever to get things approved and they often get lost in the works. This is since the VA switched the program from private mgt to in house; and they are seriously understaffed!!

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    If the measurement of temperature designated by David Fahrenheit is named after him, I propose a gradiant scale based on the "Biden Scale" from 0 to 100, with 0 being like Steven Hawking and 100 being Joe Biden.

Example: "That idiot bought brought a 10/22 to hunt for black bears. He must be a 65 Biden"

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    My MIL received a huge check years after her husband had died from disabilities suffered in Viet Nam war. Came like 20+ years later. On the other hand I know many people with virtually no disability getting big checks for nothing. You know for example, an active duty female that has a hysterectomy gets disability for loss of fertility when they are out. Active duty beg for the surgery.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Have you written to the National Archives and started the process to have your records reconstructed?

Thanks for this info. A couple of years ago I submitted some forms that were supposed to recover/restore my records but it did not work out.
    I'll try this and see if it works.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom