Join TexasGunTalk

Pros and Cons of Buying a Tavor.

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Charlie, Jul 10, 2018.

1. pronstar

pronstar Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Yeah prices dropped mere moments after I paid $1100 for my used ARX. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darkpriest667 and Southpaw like this.
  2. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Bedford
    See I would feel fine with an arx at that price range. The tavor needs to be cheaper.

3. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 Well-Known

Nov 7, 2015
    Am I the only one who thinks they're butt ugly?

Kinda like an ugly, fat girl look to them...

Bozz10mm and Sam7sf like this.
  4. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Bedford
    Its not like it used to be. Guys are getting braver with what they bring out in public.

5. baboon

baboon Well-Known

I'm not really in the market for anything semi automatic. If I had the extra money to spend I'd buy every version & sit on them.

I do have an early version of the standard Steyr AUG. IIRC it was $680.00 when I bought it. The plus on it is that registered trigger packs are available for it. I was just looking @ what that cost to do once again! If I had the extra $23K I would do that for my AUG.

I have always liked bullpen designs. I had a High Standard A-10 Police Shotgun I bought with unemployment money as a 17 year old kid. It was a cool blaster, but the built in flash light always sucked. If I had the B version I would of kept it!

6. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Did you ever get it to feed, fire, and extract reliably? I've never heard anything but horror stories about how badly they worked but you're the first person I've ever heard say they actually owned one so I'd love to hear about it from someone with real experience.

7. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Mine ran great! Fed any ammo I threw in it too. I run mixed slugs & shot with never a hiccup.

The flashlight set up was really strange I ended up redoing it with a switch in the pistol grip & red LED bead. Trigger more or less sucked because of a long linkage. Traded it for an AK, Sold the AK to a buddy & made money. He doubled his.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  8. sharkey

sharkey Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Nah. I am running a PDW brace on one and the new SB3 brace on the other and they are fine. More recoil than a 5.56 obviously but totally manageable.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy likes this.
  9. Charlie

Charlie Time is the thief of memory! TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Lot of good info here. Thanks!

10. Byrd666

Byrd666 TGT Addict

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Charlie, are you looking to get a Tavor SAR? Or, are you just perusing the cornucopia of information available in all the various threads that eventually depart from the origin and end up offering various tidbits of information on all matter of subjects that can do nothing but make the reader a learned individual?