• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Take her out to dinner. After three glasses of wine. Say some $hit about going to the range. How they got this fantastic looking, movie type prototype looking rifle.

Two more glasses of wine. Hey Angel' I bought that MFer'. I'm a weak man. Let's snuggle.

Run through a magazine the next day. After she makes breakfast if you do it right.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Thread title is pro / con of purchasing a X95. Just answering the question, its a con that you can not easily, quickly, and cost effectively get parts.

Its a piece of hardware, a tool. People shouldn't be emotional invested in a tool.

To the second part of your response, I am not, nor do I believe anybody else did say they were emotionally invested in a tool. My dog yes, my rifle, no. Still be ticked if it broke or got stolen though.

I have not read all the posts and I'm sure this has already been noted, but in response to the OP's original question, I can build 3 nice AR pistols for the price of a Tavor. I'd rather have multiple AR's, with replacement parts galore, than one Tavor that may be difficult to find parts for if things go South.

As for parts and repairs, I seem to remember folks lamenting about the same thing with Colt's new revolver pistol and Browning's new Model 1911 Semi-Automatic Pistol. As well as the crowd favorite M16.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand completely what y'all are saying about parts availability, etc. but, that doesn't mean the AR platform is the end all be all of all rifle platforms. I for one, HATED the stone aged M16 I had to use in the Service. I also can't use an AR or AK platform rifle or pistol with Any kind of consistency or accuracy now due to physical limitations. And even though I did purchase an AR, I sold it short time later. I really wasn't a big fan of 'em anyway. So like I said before, this trade-off in life works for me.

The Bullpup design just ain't for everybody, and that's what makes the world go 'round. Well, that, and ammunition. LOTS of ammunition.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    When's the earliest you can take possession of this thing? Is this online and then a $20 buck fee at the local shop. Or are they the ones that have it hanging on a wall?

Next step is pricing mag-O-zines.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Never rightly looked into it. I'm a bit behind on trying to get my paperwork done for the direct to dealer sales from IWI. IF you really want an answer, I'll make a call on Monday.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Respect. But I'd discount every opinion until you actually shot it. It's always each to their own on this stuff. 50% hate, 50% love it.

Might be the thing you've always wanted.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I would LOVE to try the Tavor/X95 in .300BO and 9mm side by side with mine in 5.56. If only I could win the lottery...... three times.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    To each their own and I never said M4, you have an x95 you love it, that is great. I sold mine because I didn't. But pretending like the logistical limitations and almost Rude Goldberg like design can not be denied. I can go buy anything I need to fix any of my AR's at an local gun shop. Can you do that for an X95?
    No one is pretending anything other than some AR fanboys fabricating emotional reasons why no one should own one...

Or!

I can build 3 accordions to take with me when I go deer hunting cheaper than I can buy a Tavor...what’s that got to do with a Tavor you ask? Same thing as building 3 AR pistols...nothing!

Rube Goldberg? Before you say that know what it is.

Knee to the groin! Yes Tavor/X 95 do use proprietary mags...standard AR15 military NATO 5.56 mags! Sorry know that hurts some of you!

Parts at local gun store...my X 95 has not needed any...

Some of you need to wash the emotions and BS off your fingers before you start typing...I know you are smarter than that.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I'll continue to drive Ford trucks. You drive your Infinity, or BMW, or Land Rover if you want. Same concept.

Why would anybody want to drive one of those when you can drive a Ford Truck?

upload_2018-7-23_7-12-17.jpeg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    A Tavor is either the best, or worst, rifle available.

And you’re wrong if you disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Some of ya'll act like you're only allowed to have one gun... or only one vehicle for that matter. Give yourself options! :loaded:

But, I am only allowed to have one gun.

Well I guess, in reality, only one more gun.

No room left in the safe. :mad:

And let that be a lesson. ALWAYS buy a bigger safe than you think you're gonna' need. :facepalm:

Top Bottom