• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been in Louisiana for a decade, now. OC was NEVER illegal here, but some police treat it as if it were. They lose in court EVERY TIME, but some keep on.

Our youngest is now a Detective with a mid-size Louisiana city, halfway between Houston & N.O. Their department has ordered them to IGNORE OC, completely.

Here in New Orleans, the Federal Judges have put the NOPD under a permanent court order: "Do not confiscate weapons from non-criminal citizens". Still, OC invites problems. So, I rarely OC around here.

But, we must face this head-on a some point. We cannot allow "pc" to suppress our clear constitutional rights like this.

Once I am completely retired, I'm, going to OC everywhere, damn the torpedoes !

leVieux
    Guns International

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Did you think that you really needed to tell us that you have a CC permit, when you state that you OC?

:laughing:

Yes, because since I have done/do both -- CC and OC -- I know both sides of the street. CCers only know one. Consequently, few carriers are "qualified" to talk about OCing -- especially CCers -- yet most criticisms of OC come from people who have never OCed, don't plan to OC, don't even know anyone who does OC, and have probably never even seen anyone OCing. So why would THEY be a source of any real-life info about the practice? Especially when they parrot the same lame and unfounded criticisms of it?

But as I said, MOST people aren't going to OC...that seems to be an unchangeable reality. I'm just putting in my side of it for a more balanced look at it.

BTW...I lived in Galveston 5 years...I bet The Woodlands has a whole lot less street/ghetto-trash than Houston and Galveston does, yes? I got my first TX CC permit (then called CHL) when I moved to Galveston (2008, just 3 months before Hurricane Ike hit), and for the reason I just mentioned -- lots of trash about (and crime). And no, I'm not stalking about all the trash on the streets the morning after Ike! ;-)
    --BR
    (President, Open Carry El Paso)

Last edited:

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yeah but is it (OC) safe? :what:

Well, cops think it's safe enough, I guess. If it weren't would THEY do it? Sure, sometimes cops get their guns taken but often that's due to their own screw-ups -- or lack of SA. For example, I could tell you about a table of 4 motorcycle cops in Colorado Springs (it was raining outside so they were in a coffeeshop about 2 tables away from me, and yes, I was OCing) that seemed completely clueless about what was going on around them, which was not cool given that cops have been shot/killed (4 of them I remember once) inside stores before -- but that's another story). However, the VAST MAJORITY of OCer cops don't get their guns snatched, and it's just plain "Russian Roulette" trying to take someone's gun. Go ahead and try -- I sure wouldn't. But no time/space here to address cops dealing with gun grabs...

As for OCing citizens getting their guns grabbed, that is not an issue. Plus, OCers already KNOW that might happen, so they have a response (or two) for it -- I assure you (and it's not pleasant, nor should it be). I can't speak for other OCers, however, but personally I'm not worried at all...

Still, the cops are the largest group of "OCers" in America! I would add "the military" also, but that's ONLY in a combat zone, not here when they come back home. Apparently, they aren't trusted with guns anymore back home even if still on active duty. And when they become veterans, they aren't trusted either. So our active duty people are disarmed and become defenseless victim material (from criminals/terrorists -- whatever the threat) by ORDERS...they can't carry even on their own time, let alone when at work. When I was living in Colorado Springs, it was a bit weird to see lots of active duty (Air Force & Army) military in supermarkets (in their BDUs, or whatever you call them nowadays) UNarmed, just like most citizens -- ALL of whom were defenseless -- yet I was armed and OCing standing right next to them. What other nation's military is completely disarmed like that? It's insane, and absolutely wrong & shameful! I'd like to see Trump ORDER ALL our military to start carrying their duty sidearms immediately! But that's another topic...
    -- BR

Last edited:

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I have been in Louisiana for a decade, now. OC was NEVER illegal here, but some police treat it as if it were. They lose in court EVERY TIME, but some keep on. ...
    leVieux

There's a condo in HI I'd like to pay cash for (but I don't HAVE it). All I need is $1M. Well, just $750K would do ($600-650K for one that "needs work" but I want mine in excellent shape & move-in-ready please), but I wanted the extra $250K for HOA fees for a while, as they're just over $1K/month. So, if cops "act up" with me and do something illegal, stupid (or both), I'd be looking for "compensation." Of course, I hope I don't have to get beat up "resisting arrest" like Rodney King did (although the fool deserved it) to get my $1M...something less violent would be appreciated, I'm sure.

After winning my lawsuit, I'd just "Take the money and run" -- Steve Miller Band (1976)...here they are, still runnin' today:

But although I've run into cops here in ELP who have seen me OCing, since OC is fairly new to TX (unlike CO and NM, where cops "got the message" years ago -- often via lawsuits -- about leaving OCers alone), I half expected SOME City/State cops (or Sheriff Deputies) here to ask to see my permit (even though someone OCing is NOT a RAS to ask)...but so far NONE have ever approached me or even bothered to do more than glance at me...so no "unpleasantness" so far. Frankly, I hope it STAYS that way (I don't really NEED that condo in Honolulu) but whatever, I continue to OC pretty much everywhere I go.

As a side (but related) note, I just had a long (40 minutes?) and very positive conversation with the AT&T Cable TV sales guy @ Walmart this afternoon...he's even MORE motivated now to get his TX LTC permit. Same with 2 guys @ Home Depot 2 days ago in a 30 minute conversation, and a 15+ minute conversation (business was slow so she had nothing pressing to do) with a female server @ IHOP last week. Progress is being made re: getting people to carry (CC). As mentioned earlier, these are conversations I'd NOT have had were I carrying concealed...ALL these people started the "gun conversation," not I as I don't "preach the gun gospel" unless people ask...some see the gun, ask questions and we talk. Most however, don't notice (!) or don't ask, so I say nothing.

Hey, since you live in LA: Is New Orleans still the murder capital of LA? I ask because I've been there several times (while in the USCG in the 1970s) and was glad I was carrying, given the "local color" all about (my Father lived in Kenner at the time, partly due to the violence then in NOLA). Has the "Big Easy Police Department" gotten any better, or are they still as corrupt as ever?
    -- BR

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yes, because since I have done/do both -- CC and OC -- I know both sides of the street. CCers only know one. Consequently, few carriers are "qualified" to talk about OCing -- especially CCers -- yet most criticisms of OC come from people who have never OCed, don't plan to OC, don't even know anyone who does OC, and have probably never even seen anyone OCing. So why would THEY be a source of any real-life info about the practice? Especially when they parrot the same lame and unfounded criticisms of it?

But as I said, MOST people aren't going to OC...that seems to be an unchangeable reality. I'm just putting in my side of it for a more balanced look at it.

BTW...I lived in Galveston 5 years...I bet The Woodlands has a whole lot less street/ghetto-trash than Houston and Galveston does, yes? I got my first TX CC permit (then called CHL) when I moved to Galveston (2008, just 3 months before Hurricane Ike hit), and for the reason I just mentioned -- lots of trash about (and crime). And no, I'm not stalking about all the trash on the streets the morning after Ike! ;-)
    --BR

I only said that because an LTC is required to OC.
    You OC, therefore you must have a permit to CC.

ETA: I am not anti OC.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a condo in HI I'd like to pay cash for (but I don't HAVE it). All I need is $1M. Well, just $750K would do ($600-650K for one that "needs work" but I want mine in excellent shape & move-in-ready please), but I wanted the extra $250K for HOA fees for a while, as they're just over $1K/month. So, if cops "act up" with me and do something illegal, stupid (or both), I'd be looking for "compensation." Of course, I hope I don't have to get beat up "resisting arrest" like Rodney King did (although the fool deserved it) to get my $1M...something less violent would be appreciated, I'm sure.

After winning my lawsuit, I'd just "Take the money and run" -- Steve Miller Band (1976)...here they are, still runnin' today:

But although I've run into cops here in ELP who have seen me OCing, since OC is fairly new to TX (unlike CO and NM, where cops "got the message" years ago -- often via lawsuits -- about leaving OCers alone), I half expected SOME City/State cops (or Sheriff Deputies) here to ask to see my permit (even though someone OCing is NOT a RAS to ask)...but so far NONE have ever approached me or even bothered to do more than glance at me...so no "unpleasantness" so far. Frankly, I hope it STAYS that way (I don't really NEED that condo in Honolulu) but whatever, I continue to OC pretty much everywhere I go.

As a side (but related) note, I just had a long (40 minutes?) and very positive conversation with the AT&T Cable TV sales guy @ Walmart this afternoon...he's even MORE motivated now to get his TX LTC permit. Same with 2 guys @ Home Depot 2 days ago in a 30 minute conversation, and a 15+ minute conversation (business was slow so she had nothing pressing to do) with a female server @ IHOP last week. Progress is being made re: getting people to carry (CC). As mentioned earlier, these are conversations I'd NOT have had were I carrying concealed...ALL these people started the "gun conversation," not I as I don't "preach the gun gospel" unless people ask...some see the gun, ask questions and we talk. Most however, don't notice (!) or don't ask, so I say nothing.

Hey, since you live in LA: Is New Orleans still the murder capital of LA? I ask because I've been there several times (while in the USCG in the 1970s) and was glad I was carrying, given the "local color" all about (my Father lived in Kenner at the time, partly due to the violence then in NOLA). Has the "Big Easy Police Department" gotten any better, or are they still as corrupt as ever?
    -- BR

NOPD has improved some, since the Federal Judges are monitoring them.

Problem now is that our local judges are "elected" after being picked as nominees by our local Black libtard political "machine"; and mandate "catch and release" for our street tugs, so as to not upset their grannies.

Our White Chief Criminal Judge was carjacked in his own home driveway a couple years ago.

leVieux

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    @ easy rider:
    Yes, Oahu...the Hawaii Kai area to be specific. :-)

"I don't get asked anything, but I do OC." -- easy rider

BTW, I forget to say that if some OCers aren't having people asking them questions/engage in conversation -- I mean NEVER -- it could be (also) that they think OCers are some sort of LEO (detective, narco, some sort of plain-clothes cop). For example, at a Starbucks in Albuquerque some years back (before I started boycotting them!) I passed one table and a person there asked if I was "Homeland Security" -- I don't know why he thought that Federal entity but I guess I was looking kind of "Homeland" that day. ;-)

But do note that most times I go out, no one notices I'm OCing or, if they do don't say anything, so it's just occasionally I have conversations, not always.

Whatever, it may take an observer a while to figure out an OCer is NOT a LEO, as they hardly ever (IF ever) see anyone BUT cops OCing...which gets us back to one of the reasons for OCing: Making it more common to see guns on people OTHER than cops....just average people exercising their right to be armed, and nothing bad happens, even with all those "guns out there on the streets" they fear so much. Little do liberals know, however, that every day there are guns all around them...they just don't see them as most people carry concealed. Still, nothing bad happens even then because of people carrying, does it.
    It's only when CRIMINALS are carrying people need worry, not about fellow citizens carrying. ;-)
    -- BR

Last edited:

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    What I've noticed. If I see someone OC the first thing I do is look for a badge on the belt next to the weapon. If none I check for a white Stetson. If none then most likely a citizen OCing. I go on about my business. IF CCing in a holster and I notice, I go on. If just stuck in the waistband I watch carefully but unobtrusively JIC. All the time watching for other signs, looking around, nervous, aimless wandering.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

--BR
    You're not understanding what Cam said. He was pointing out that if you are OC'ing, you MUST as a matter of law already be possessed of an LTC and that, therefore, you wouldn't have needed to point that out. Get it?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I hope that everyone that reads this thread understands that if you plan to CC or OC that it is only legal to do so with an Texas LTC or other license that allows to do so.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would this lull be a good time to suggest some of you “size doesn’t matter” folks talk to the guy in Alaska who put four .38 Spec “+P” rounds into the grizzly’s chest at point-blank range, a couple seconds before the bear ate him ? Maybe not ?

(The above was posted from the Beaumont Luby's.)

As it was a Luby's, I had my German Ruger. . . . . . . . . err, "Luger"; no it was that other one, a Walther. They wondered why I went around all day mumbling "Flip UP, Flip UP!"

Don't worry, my trusty KelTec was in the other pocket.

Now, where was I ?

leVieux

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Good thing I am in Tx so them pesky grizzly's are not around to worry about.

A 38 is plenty to stop most varmints wandering the streets of Tx

Would this lull be a good time to suggest some of you “size doesn’t matter” folks talk to the guy in Alaska who put four .38 Spec “+P” rounds into the grizzly’s chest at point-blank range, a couple seconds before the bear ate him ? Maybe not ?

(The above was posted from the Beaumont Luby's.)

As it was a Luby's, I had my German Ruger. . . . . . . . . err, "Luger"; no it was that other one, a Walther. They wondered why I went around all day mumbling "Flip UP, Flip UP!"

Don't worry, my trusty KelTec was in the other pocket.

Now, where was I ?

leVieux

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin

-- BR

Nola will probably always be the murder capital of LA. Just the nature of the city. I've lived there too. La is my home. I still call it home. It is a complicated city. I've been all over the world. Nola is one of my favorite cities.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nola will probably always be the murder capital of LA. Just the nature of the city. I've lived there too. La is my home. I still call it home. It is a complicated city. I've been all over the world. Nola is one of my favorite cities.

I understand. But, since Ray Nagin, the Katrina Floods, & Half-Moon Landrieu, the tone has changed. The City is now run on the basis of racial hate. If you didn't notice yet, Tidewater Marine, the last big player in the historic New Orleans "Energy Sector" has quietly moved to Houston. Landrieu's recruitment, then baseless firing of our much-loved police administrator, Dr. Ronal Serpas, set the tone for everything which has come later. "Yat's", both Black and White, don't yet understand that their own voting decisions are driving them into a new Hell, "Detroit on the Big Muddy". The immediate future for "L'Isle de Orleans" is hopeless. The City just installed a Marxist Mulatto Carpetbagger Woman from Los Angeles as the new Mayor. Were the TRUE crime stats published, no convention would ever be held there again. We are leaving next month. The last productive citizen leaving will have to "turn off the lights". Sad! leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom