Hurley's Gold

Prospects for "red flag" gun law in Texas plummet as Abbott sees "coalescence" against it

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Seems like Abbott has backed away from red flag now. :)

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07/27/red-flag-gun-law/
    Abbott, appearing Friday at an unrelated news conference in Austin, was asked if he still wanted lawmakers to consider the idea in the wake of Patrick's comment.

"If you go back and look at what I said in my plan, I suggested what the Legislature consider — whether or not the existing protective order laws in the state of Texas were adequate or whether or not they should be amended to add emergency risk protective orders," Abbott said. "And it seems like there's coalescence around the notion of not supporting what's categorized as a 'red flag' law. What is important is ... that we work together as a legislative body towards solution to make our schools safer and to make our communities safer."
    On Friday, Abbott reiterated that his request for lawmakers to consider a "red flag" law was not meant to be a personal endorsement of the proposal. "That's correct, and also as you know, I made that clear," Abbott told reporters, alluding to June tweet where he told a critic he does not "advocate red flag laws" in his school safety plan, "only that is something the legislature can consider."
    Gun Zone Deals

Top Bottom