• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I haven't been able to drive my 2016 Tundra for about 6 weeks and don't know when I ever can again, "spinal stenosis" . Without going into details (you're welcome), 6 weeks ago I tried braking while backing slowly and suddenly couldn't feel the pedal so slammed it into Park. What the hell was that so tried again, and again slamming into Park, no gears stripped. Not living far away, I managed to drive slowly and it's been parked ever since. My display on dash says I have about 55 miles of remaining gas. I ordered that Stabil product and not sure what to do. It treats a bunch of gas and I only have probably 3-4 gallons in tank and no way to drive to gas station to top it off. That would be foolish anyway if never driven again for long time if ever. I just want to defend against the inevitable issues the ethanol will eventually bring to tank, fuel pump, etc. My Tundra only has 30,000 miles, brand new battery, tires, front and rear brakes and new 10k oil change and still looks almost show room new (silver). I don't want to create a problem when can prevent it.

Thanks
    As someone else said; I too am concerned with no brake feel. Is that a symptom of your stenosis or did the pedal go to the floor or just stop working altogether? If the brakes are indeed fine and the truck is in otherwise tiptop shape what others said about the gas I agree with; fill up the tank with ethanol free (if you can stomach the $4/gal), and use stabil as a preventative measure as it couldn't hurt anything. For my small yard equipment I just fill the tanks as much as possible with ethanol free and screw the cap on tightly. After 4 years, they take an extra couple pulls to start in the spring, but I haven't had to disassemble and clean any carbs.

Depending where in Dallas you are I'd volunteer to assist you with finding an ethanol free gas station, filling it up and getting the truck back on your property, or if you've got a few gas cans I could shuttle them if you'd like to have the gas tank filled. Don't forget about the new battery too; leave a trickle charger on it if you have no plans on driving in the next 6 months, or simply can't get out to the truck to start it up once a month to idle for a good 15-30 minutes.

My step father has a spinal stenosis so I have a bit of an idea what you're going through. I wish you luck with that ailment.
    Gun Zone Deals

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom