Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What's your favorite protein shake recipe?

I like strawberry shakes. For my favorite, the recipe follows.

If you're not diabetic, use:
    • as much baby spinach as you can pack into the bottom couple of inches of a blender (optional),
    • a full serving of the best-tasting strawberry-flavored protein powder you can find,
    • 1/2 container of soft tofu,
    • juice of one lemon (optional),
    • 1 lb of frozen strawberries, and
    • 12 to 16 oz of orange juice.
    Put these ingredients in a blender in the order specified, with the spinach on the bottom. Failing to stack the ingredients properly will strongly work against your ability to blend the ingredients.

Blend till smooth.

Enjoy.

Note: This mixture is thick enough to kill normal blenders. If you bought it at Walmart, you'll just get to smell up your kitchen with the unmistakable odor of a burned-out electric motor. You need a strong bar blender, a VitaMix, or something similar that has a horsepower rating on the label. If it won't blend gravel, it's not strong enough. :)

If you're diabetic, substitute ice for the strawberries and water for the orange juice. The flavor will be flat so the lemon juice is mandatory if you do this substitution. Even then, It won't taste nearly as good but it'll do in a pinch.
    Lynx Defense

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm kind of partial to the strawberry Ensure drink.

drink.jpeg

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    We have the Vitamix blender and is awesome for our creative healthy smoothies. Protein powder is always a must. Is fun throwing in everything but the kitchen sink as to veggies and fruits. Ginger and turmeric root for inflammation are right there with protein powder. You fight against inflammation you stave off most issues because that's where many begin.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Tofu? Are you serious?? I believe we fought a war so nobody would have to eat that crap.

Milk contains a lot of protein. Mixed with chocolate and cold enough, it makes a pretty good chocolate shake.

My sister is a health nut - or maybe it would be more accurate to say she's nuts and thinks eating certain foods will guarantee she'll live to be 200. She took my Dad to a smoothie kind of place with the intention of getting him a "healthy" dessert. He looked over the long list of things you could blend into the smoothie and noticed that peanut butter and bananas were both on the list. He's always liked that combo on a sandwich (which shows where my sister got the majority of her DNA), so he ordered one with banana and peanut butter. What came out was not what he expected. The peanut butter hit that cold liquid and it froze. The blender chopped it into little frozen pieces. It had the consistency of trying to drink sand. My Dad tried to get everyone to taste it. "Here, try this. It's terrible." I told him the same thing that I would say about Beneglish's recipe. "No, thanks."

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I have 2 protein shakes each day and I like the Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice Cream. It mixes well with their BCAA Amino Energy and I can change the flavor to whatever I like or just keep the vanilla. This is easy because I can mix it in a shaker while I’m on my train.

Attachments

• EA0DF742-37C4-41E4-8AEF-4EA0304B3418.png
      EA0DF742-37C4-41E4-8AEF-4EA0304B3418.png
      158.8 KB · Views: 106
    • 1270B1E7-2A86-4822-AF25-5588C03BA75C.jpeg
      1270B1E7-2A86-4822-AF25-5588C03BA75C.jpeg
      88 KB · Views: 93

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Tofu? Are you serious?
    Yep. Makes it smoother without really changing the taste.

And if you truly object to it, just leave it out. You get a little less volume, smoothness, and nutrients but the taste doesn't take a hit.

Heck, if you just want a juice drink that's nearly a strawberry milkshake, you need merely blend a pound of frozen strawberries and 12 or 16 ounces of that combination orange and tangerine juice you occasionally find at Walmart. It's wonderful, even though diabetic me can't drink it without seeing a big blood sugar spike. :(

When you have a good blender, playing with the recipes can be fun.
    It had the consistency of trying to drink sand.
    That's why my recipe specifies "Blend til smooth."

Ice in a smoothie can be just as problematic. When you get used to making them, you realize you need to blend a bit longer to get it smooth. Also, the order the ingredients go in the blender can be important. Sorry your dad got a smoothie from someone who didn't realize those things.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    What's your favorite protein shake recipe?

I like strawberry shakes. For my favorite, the recipe follows.

If you're not diabetic, use:
    • as much baby spinach as you can pack into the bottom couple of inches of a blender (optional),
    • a full serving of the best-tasting strawberry-flavored protein powder you can find,
    • 1/2 container of soft tofu,
    • juice of one lemon (optional),
    • 1 lb of frozen strawberries, and
    • 12 to 16 oz of orange juice.
    Put these ingredients in a blender in the order specified, with the spinach on the bottom. Failing to stack the ingredients properly will strongly work against your ability to blend the ingredients.

Blend till smooth.

Enjoy.

Note: This mixture is thick enough to kill normal blenders. If you bought it at Walmart, you'll just get to smell up your kitchen with the unmistakable odor of a burned-out electric motor. You need a strong bar blender, a VitaMix, or something similar that has a horsepower rating on the label. If it won't blend gravel, it's not strong enough. :)

If you're diabetic, substitute ice for the strawberries and water for the orange juice. The flavor will be flat so the lemon juice is mandatory if you do this substitution. Even then, It won't taste nearly as good but it'll do in a pinch.
    8927DDE2-0B1C-4CBF-8B55-CC80FF4B6924.jpeg

One scoop of the Primal Fuel and one scoop of the Collagen Fuel in 12 ounces of coffee pre ride every day.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Scoop of whey protein (20g protein)
    Scoop of hydrolysized pea protein (20g)
    Scoop of collagen peptides (18g protein)
    Creatine (5G)

That’s about all I have time for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I have been going the quick and easy route lately.

Tall glass of 1% milk
    a packet of carnation instant breakfast
    And a heaping spoon of PB2 powder.

Mix it up and drink it on the drive to work.

I used to mix
    1% milk
    chocolate protein powder,
    Spinach or a leaf or 2 of Kale( gotta pull the stem off)
    And a cup of frozen strawberries

The frozen strawberries thicken it up and cool it down great.

Don't have as much time in the mornings like I used to with 3 kids all running off to the school buss.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom