Join TexasGunTalk

Protest at Alamo tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dennisz, May 30, 2020.

1. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I was trying to hold out hope.

Charlie, majormadmax and toddnjoyce like this.
  2. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That link doesn't tell us the cause of death. It quotes a complaint that paraphrased a preliminary ME report while admitting the the final report is still pending. IOW, there's enough there to make an arrest but those statements should be taken with a big pinch of salt since they are subject to change.

I have seen no official statement of the cause of death. I sincerely hope someone can help me fix my ignorance by linking me to such a statement. This doesn't count.

Axxe55, majormadmax and toddnjoyce like this.
  3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Rima & Ware are ripping on both of them this morning.

4. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I heard them and laughed.

Cops have a tough job and I have lots of respect for them. They need to work with the community just like the Tweet below shows. However, there is a time when leaders have to lead and make hard, maybe unpopular, choices. When hoodlums are running loose in downtown it's time for hickory shampoos, not pussyfooting around. Being happy that criminals are wearing masks is weak.

https://twitter.com/SATXPolice/status/1267491191639150594?s=20

Bobk, ZX9RCAM, seeker_two and 2 others like this.
  5. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Good luck with El Jefe making a hard or unpopular decision.

6. twain55

twain55 Texan

Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    Suspect dies while being detained by LEO certainly needs to be investigated. But automatically claiming the white LEO used excessive force only because the suspect was black seems to be the only “racism” I’ve seen about the incident so far. Am I wrong?

7. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    No. The other officers involved were black, Hispanic and Asian...

twain55 and Axxe55 like this.
  8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Nope its the main thing pissing me off about the reporting "one thing is for certain, if George had been white he'd be alive". That's just complete horse shit and race baiting, cop was a dick. I've had plenty of cops use excessive force, kneel on my neck and add 'resisting' because I was trying not to die.

I don't want to get into an argument about their training being fucked up - 'ask, tell, make', cuffs so tight you lost circulation, excessive force when you're as cooperative as can be. Some people are assholes, they come in every color. Not all cops are assholes but an awful lot of assholes are cops.

We could fill pages on why the whole "systemic racism" argument is hollow and untrue but what would it matter? No one is willing to take responsibility anyway, far easier to blame society, racism, anything but themselves.

This was a bad guy period. There is no indication race had anything to do with it. Call for better training, better oversight, more consistent discipline. Therein lies the problem.

roadrunner, Axxe55 and seeker_two like this.
  9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Wut?

Whistler, TxStetson and TX OMFS like this.
  10. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I was pretty aligned with you up until that point right there.

LE agencies are a part of the executive branch, and as such are the responsibility of the elected officials. Over the last week, those elected officials have passed the buck and gone out of their way to explain the problem is that all the citizens are racist and therefore we are the problem.

The failure of state and local elected executive branch officials to accept responsibility and accountability for the actions of the very agencies they’re charged with being at the top of the chain of command is an abomination to the founders and the tenth amendment.

Southpaw, Whistler, oldag and 3 others like this.