• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Protesters have closed the Fred Hartman bridge between LaPorte and Baytown, Texas. I crossed over it this morning and saw it firsthand. They are dangling a net down from the bridge to prevent ships from entering the Houston ship channel. Bridge traffic is narrowed to two lanes and is backed up for miles.

Ship traffic is backed up considerably. I can only imagine the cost associated with having to keep an ocean-going vessel full of cargo sitting idly by as these communist bastages protest. Traffic, including semi trucks, is backed up for hours trying to get out of the area - again impeding international commerce.

Indications are that law enforcement will allow these protests to continue and make no effort to interfere. All this so the protesters have a national audience for the Democratic debates this evening. Supposedly, they are demonstrating in favor of renewable energy and cleaning up the environment.

I suppose they will just drop their shorts and urinate/defecate into the water below as needed. What hipocritres.

Too bad no one has the balls just to cut a few ropes.
    Texas SOT

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I would think there is a lot LE could if they chose to.
    The problem is, too many of them in that area apparently chose which laws they enforce and against which side.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    This might discourage 'em...

logspot.com%2F_Ashx4nbGYNM%2FTDHJjZs5sRI%2FAAAAAAAAEYQ%2FLK9GVM6_kw4%2Fs640%2FFireboat%2Bdisplay.jpg

Attachments

• logspot.com%2F_Ashx4nbGYNM%2FTDHJjZs5sRI%2FAAAAAAAAEYQ%2FLK9GVM6_kw4%2Fs640%2FFireboat%2Bdisplay.jpg
      logspot.com%2F_Ashx4nbGYNM%2FTDHJjZs5sRI%2FAAAAAAAAEYQ%2FLK9GVM6_kw4%2Fs640%2FFireboat%2Bdisplay.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 247

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I had to look around online for photos before I could figure out how dangling a net (per the OP) could shut down anything. Then I saw pictures and realized they are dangling themselves over the water.

I don't care how passionate I was about something, I don't think I would choose that method to protest. I'm sure there are folks within a mile of them who might be tempted to take potshots in their direction. I hope nobody does, of course; the last thing I want for them is martyrdom. Still, it takes a special kind of stupid to make yourself hated by tens of thousands of people while simultaneously exposing yourself to 360 degrees of vulnerability.

Then again, I never played chicken in cars when I was a teenager so maybe I just don't understand the thought process going on here.

Top Bottom