APOD Firearms

Proud new Papa... Dan Wesson PM7-10 PICS!!!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Picked up this bad boy today... Dan Wesson 1911 10mm PM7. This thing is SLICK.. Shot it already and im shocked that it points nicer than my Springer!... and the 10mm is a freaking RIOT!... im in love.

Ive shot and owned a lot of 1911's but I don't think there is a sub $1000 1911 with quality like the Dan Wesson line that shoots better

10mm has pushed me into reloading, LOL... this ammo is not cheap and as much as i plan to shoot it, i better save my brass

The tolerances on this gun is fantastic!... going to clean it up a bit as it was a shooter for the previous owner.. but this is going to be the base of my BBQ gun... found a place that will do Laser engraving and will let me design it... then when i figure out the path im going to take, i plan on having a nice custom holster made for it. I just wish this one was bobtailed... then it would be PERFECT!

Anyhow, This is my last purchase for a little while... Ive gone crazy since i got to the free state of Texas :patriot:

JOe

1z2dk50.jpg

jkkpxz.jpg

121vqjn.jpg

v2zlg0.jpg

3093k15.jpg

309r0d4.jpg

24omyjn.jpg

f20nww.jpg

29hc2g.jpg

2m3fkld.jpg

vzcuv5.jpg

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Welcome to the club. IMO DW are the best 1911 value out there. Of course finding them is somewhat of a challenge. Enjoy.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Yep, DW is the most under-rated 1911. They are tight. They build just about 2500 or so a year. Yours appears to be a 2007 model.

I have three DWs. A CBOB, A PM-Aussie in blue, and a model 14 revolver in .357.

The DWs are my favorite shooting irons. Thinking of limiting myself to Colts and DWs. Hmmm, maybe keep one Springer and my STI 9mm.

For under a grand, I haven't seen anything with the fit and finish of DWs. Even my Blem CBOB is fitted better than my SA Loaded or my Wilson CQB.

They are tops in my book.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Agreed. I have gone through a few 1911's and shot a lot of them and the DW is just as impressive as can be.. I wish it had some checkering on the front strap though... going to have to put some grip tape on it especially with the 10mm full loads.

Beautiful gun... No billboard on the slide for the brand advertisment, fit/finish quality is supurb! I don't think one could go wrong in owning one of these. and i got it for a hell of a price which makes it that much better :patriot:

Ordered up a .40 conversion already for it so i can shoot it more for less $$$ and availablity of ammo is better for a .40... but the lure to be different with the 10mm was just too strong

Yep, DW is the most under-rated 1911. They are tight. They build just about 2500 or so a year. Yours appears to be a 2007 model.

I have three DWs. A CBOB, A PM-Aussie in blue, and a model 14 revolver in .357.

The DWs are my favorite shooting irons. Thinking of limiting myself to Colts and DWs. Hmmm, maybe keep one Springer and my STI 9mm.

For under a grand, I haven't seen anything with the fit and finish of DWs. Even my Blem CBOB is fitted better than my SA Loaded or my Wilson CQB.

They are tops in my book.

Shriker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Wow nice....just sold my RZ10 , needed the cash unfortunately , great gun. Still have my CBOB....

Congrats

Top Bottom