• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I didnt get the chance to talk to him, too busy doing the saftey/range briefs for the back range... Jeff had not heard anything about it either...
    DK Firearms

redneckinmontrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Still open

Picked up a box of 9 mm golden sabre this afternoon.

They still have plenty of guns, ammo, employees, and customers.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Dang, I am getting ganged up here. I guess I'll delete this place from my bookmarks. Pardon me for trying to avoid the group-think.

Ya'll take it easy.

Anyone who posts on this board runs the risk of getting ganged up on. Don't guess. Don't ask for pardons. And don't walk away. That's too easy. You have a place here just like anyone else. Your First Ammendment right is protected here. ;)

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Just got off the phone with Jim Pruett, all employees are accounted for and the shop is open. He wanted to thank Carter's for the extra attention being payed to his shop. So, no raid, no handcuffed employees, and a clean bill of health for Jim.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    HAPPY 4th EVERYBODY! JIM PRUETTS GUNS & AMMO HAS NOT
    BEEN RAIDED BY ATF! ATF has not come in the store and
    gone through our files. I want to thank Carter's Country for
    all the web press but again their info is totally bogus. ON
    ANOTHER NOTE: Today is our 8th anniversary and I want
    to thank our customers...many of whom have become our
    friends and many who are like members of our family.
    This is my first email on Texas Gun Talk and I like it.
    On behalf of the Pruett family and our incredible staff
    HAPPY 4th! GOD BLESS AMERICA, GOD BLESS TEXAS
    AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! Jim Pruett

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Anyone who posts on this board runs the risk of getting ganged up on. Don't guess. Don't ask for pardons. And don't walk away. That's too easy. You have a place here just like anyone else. Your First Ammendment right is protected here. ;)

:patriot: I agree with Phoebe Ann on this one. As a fairly new member myself I have observed how the original senior members stick together...........and why not! I just pick and choose my replys and if I get jumped on by the masses..........I stick with my guns if I think I'm right. But as it turns out..........out half the time I step back and take another look at what I said and discover maybe I was over zealous. I think the concerns with Pruitt's being raided........which thank goodness didn't happen.........and the thread being partially hijacked heated up some tempers. Stay if you want........leave if you want but like Phoebe Ann I'm hanging around.

Okie556

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Look at that, the man, the myth, the legend! Glad to see Mr. Pruett here with us. I am happy to see the rumors of your demise have been greatley exagerated.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    . Your First Ammendment right is protected here. ;)

Phoebe, you know civics well enough to know the first ammendment applies to the GOVERNMENT. This forum is privately owned, and the owner can control and edit anything he sees fit. Posters have no free speech rights here.

This site IS open enough that different opinions, even goofy radical ones, are tolerated by the site owner. However, they do not have to be.

:patriot:

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Also glad that the question was finally answered.... woohoo

and.... :sign0101:
    so as for the people getting all disgruntled, please understand often times what you read as anger or whatever might just be misread, or sometimes what is typed is meant in a way that, well comes off a bit different. No one will ever agree with you all the time, nor will you always agree with them. No one should leave over a misunderstanding or even over a simple disagreement... my

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    HAPPY 4th EVERYBODY! JIM PRUETTS GUNS & AMMO HAS NOT
    BEEN RAIDED BY ATF! ATF has not come in the store and
    gone through our files. I want to thank Carter's Country for
    all the web press but again their info is totally bogus. ON
    ANOTHER NOTE: Today is our 8th anniversary and I want
    to thank our customers...many of whom have become our
    friends and many who are like members of our family.
    This is my first email on Texas Gun Talk and I like it.
    On behalf of the Pruett family and our incredible staff
    HAPPY 4th! GOD BLESS AMERICA, GOD BLESS TEXAS
    AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! Jim Pruett

Thanks for joining us Sir! It's nice to hear the truth from the horse's mouth so to speak. ;)

Technically speaking, yes the site being "private property" and all, it's not necessarily 100% free speech. The only "infringements" you'll ever see from us is that we don't tolerate racism or personal attacks. Other than that everyone is always welcome to voice their opinion, even if it may not be a popular one.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Phoebe, you know civics well enough to know the first ammendment applies to the GOVERNMENT. This forum is privately owned, and the owner can control and edit anything he sees fit. Posters have no free speech rights here.

This site IS open enough that different opinions, even goofy radical ones, are tolerated by the site owner. However, they do not have to be.

:patriot:

I humbly stand corrected. 叩頭

While I'm a "letter of the law" person who doesn't wish to see broad interpretations of the constitution, I erred in applying the 1st Ammendment to this site. But hopefully even you get my point...imho, Bodacious would do well to state his case and not walk away, even if his opinion is contrary to the majority. This is the very thing that strengthens truth (dialog between differing opinions.)

If Phoebe Ann can have differing opinions than most here, Bodacious can fare just fine.

davidz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Magnolia
    Jim Pruett's Guns & Ammo rumor is incorrect

Just confirming that the rumor is incorrect. Called Pruetts yesterday, talked to Jim, and he confirmed that the rumor was incorrect. Later in the day, went by the store, made some purchases, and Pruetts was business as usual.

If I had heard the rumor sooner, I would have called or gone by to get the straight scoop immediately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom