• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    My girlfriend works at Carter's Country on Treaschwig and just called me saying that the BATFE raided Pruett's Guns and Ammo today and arrested all the employees (Most of Jim's family). I can't find any news about this yet, nor do I know the reason for it (99% sure it's "Administrative Crimes" ... i.e. using abbreviations instead of full words but who knows).

Has anyone heard about this yet or have any details about it?
    Hurley's Gold

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    I called and only got the answering machine - probably Jim's just selling the hell out of some guns. I know the BATFE has been doing some house to house questioning regarding suspicious sales etc. so somebody might just be making up a story cause I don't see anything about it from usual sources.

Hopefully somebody knows for sure or can talk to Jim directly and make sure this is made up.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    See if we can find out more from Outlaw Dave tomorrow at Shiloh.... He is still pretty tight with Pruett.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I know the BATFE has been doing some house to house questioning regarding suspicious sales etc.

You mean you read the article or got the email and didn't read the details of what the BATF is actually doing. Although a little distressing, they aren't just knocking on Joe American's door just because.

And I doubt it has anything to do with the Pruett story.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Guys,

I'll share some non-classified intel with the nice gun owners of TGT. Due to the hype of Stateside guns being found in Mexico the BATF has sent a bunch of ATF Special Agents from accross the U.S.A. down to South Texas on TDY for about 3 months. Targeted cities are El Paso, Houston, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Laredo, McAllen, and Brownsville. There role is to investigate suspicous weapon sales and other various tasks. Don't worry if you are just a "Joe" American who collects lots and lots of guns. Its the true straw buyers and shady gun dealers that should be worried.

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its true. We got a visit. My father ordered 8 total so far, Essential Arms AR-15 lowers and had them shipped to a friend of ours who is an FFL. Well he(our FFL friend) called us about 2 weeks ago and told us the ATF was gonna come see us about the guns. We were a bit nervous but we didnt do anything wrong so we waited for them to arrive. The were nice guys and just asked us if we still had the guns, if we were members of some Mexican cartel(Cali Cartel I think), and that was it. They are just checking but it does go to show that they can find you through the 4473s.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Did they find you through 4473's or through a sales channel (which is reported) which lead them to your FFL who pointed them to you?

I see the point, that there's almost always a trail, but the specifics of the trail are important to know.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    We got all that about the ATF, that has been common knowledge for about a week now, what we are wondering here is if Pruetts actually got "raided" yesterday.....

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    We got all that about the ATF, that has been common knowledge for about a week now, what we are wondering here is if Pruetts actually got "raided" yesterday.....

And the fact that mclarenross starts his post with "Its true. We got a visit. My father..." makes it sound like he is confirming the raid and that he is the son of Jim Pruett.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Would make sense as to why the ATF is down this way, the only federal agents we see on a regular basis are US Marshals and Border Patrol

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The ATF agents that visited us said they were part of a large group from all over the country who were down here for 3 months trying to track and stop the flow of guns to Mexico. Our two guys were from Virginia and New York. The one from New York said he has never been to a place where people love their guns so much. Said that up north if someone buys half a dozen "assault rifles" he is going to sell them on the black market, down here they are all for his personal collection!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom