Prvi Partizan

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Grog, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Grog

Grog New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas
    Does any store in the Austin area sell Prvi Partizan ammo? I would prefer to buy it locally if possible. Sure I can get it online but I would have to pay shipping costs, and I would rather support a local business when I can.

Grog

2. TSU45

TSU45 Active Member

Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    If you find it let me know.

3. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Depends on the caliber, but Tex Guns on Manchaca usually carries a few varieties of this ammo, mainly in 7.5 Swiss and other mil surp calibers.

4. Grog

Grog New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas
    Cool, thanks! I'll check them out next time I'm in that part of town.

Buying 7.62x54 for my Mosin.

5. phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There is a possibility they will have the Wolf Gold brand for 7.62x54R, it's the same in every way as the Privi, even the same headstamp. If you can't find it there, I know Cabela's in Buda has the 7.62x54R. I really like the Privi brass, I have some in 7.62x54R and 7.5x55 Swiss.

6. Grog

Grog New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas
    Ok,

Cabela's did NOT have the PP in stock. I didn't notice any in any other calibers so I didn't bother to ask. However, they did hat L&B in stock and had the 'match' version as well.

Plus..... there was this internet coupon for 30.00 off of 150.00 :)

So i grabbed some and got the match grade for free. :)

Coupon is only good till tomorrow IIRC..

http://information.cabelas.com/cabel...3889&ctb=offer

Ill try the other store for PP tomorrow. They are not open on Mondays. I will post the results then.

7. phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's no good, they usually have a pile of the Wolf Gold in 7.62x54R.

8. stevem

stevem New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    The Monarch brand brass cased ammo at Academy is made by Prvi Partizan I believe.

9. DocRod

DocRod New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Arlington
    Texas Ammo Distributor

Ammunition To Go is located in Brenham, Texas which isn't too far East of Austin. This company and its employees have treated me with more respect than most other ammo distibutors in the country. I have purchased a ton of ammo from them over a period of a couple of years, and they have always done exactly what they said they would do every time. Plus they carry a lot of hard to find ammo. Here's a link to the Prvi Partizan ammo pages, then go to their home page and look at the variety of brands that they stock. IMHO, you can't go wrong buying from these guys.

Prvi Partizan Ammunition : Ammunition To Go

10. Lmccrock

Lmccrock Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    Ammo to Go in Brenham is great and traditionally allowed walk-in business, but they have suspended walk-ins until they get caught up. I have done both walk-in and online orders from them as I am about 2 counties away. I placed an online order one morning, and the ammo showed up next day. Unfortunately, that was before the current onslaught. Also, their website only shows in-stock items, so there is no telling what they might have in the future.

Lee