• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Texas
    Does any store in the Austin area sell Prvi Partizan ammo? I would prefer to buy it locally if possible. Sure I can get it online but I would have to pay shipping costs, and I would rather support a local business when I can.

Grog
    Lynx Defense

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Depends on the caliber, but Tex Guns on Manchaca usually carries a few varieties of this ammo, mainly in 7.5 Swiss and other mil surp calibers.

Grog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Texas
    Cool, thanks! I'll check them out next time I'm in that part of town.

Buying 7.62x54 for my Mosin.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There is a possibility they will have the Wolf Gold brand for 7.62x54R, it's the same in every way as the Privi, even the same headstamp. If you can't find it there, I know Cabela's in Buda has the 7.62x54R. I really like the Privi brass, I have some in 7.62x54R and 7.5x55 Swiss.

Grog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Texas
    Ok,

Cabela's did NOT have the PP in stock. I didn't notice any in any other calibers so I didn't bother to ask. However, they did hat L&B in stock and had the 'match' version as well.

Plus..... there was this internet coupon for 30.00 off of 150.00 :)

So i grabbed some and got the match grade for free. :)

Coupon is only good till tomorrow IIRC..

http://information.cabelas.com/cabel...3889&ctb=offer

Ill try the other store for PP tomorrow. They are not open on Mondays. I will post the results then.

DocRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Arlington
    Texas Ammo Distributor

Does any store in the Austin area sell Prvi Partizan ammo? I would prefer to buy it locally if possible. Sure I can get it online but I would have to pay shipping costs, and I would rather support a local business when I can.

Grog

Ammunition To Go is located in Brenham, Texas which isn't too far East of Austin. This company and its employees have treated me with more respect than most other ammo distibutors in the country. I have purchased a ton of ammo from them over a period of a couple of years, and they have always done exactly what they said they would do every time. Plus they carry a lot of hard to find ammo. Here's a link to the Prvi Partizan ammo pages, then go to their home page and look at the variety of brands that they stock. IMHO, you can't go wrong buying from these guys.

Prvi Partizan Ammunition : Ammunition To Go

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    Ammo to Go in Brenham is great and traditionally allowed walk-in business, but they have suspended walk-ins until they get caught up. I have done both walk-in and online orders from them as I am about 2 counties away. I placed an online order one morning, and the ammo showed up next day. Unfortunately, that was before the current onslaught. Also, their website only shows in-stock items, so there is no telling what they might have in the future.

Lee

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Ammo to Go in Brenham is great ...

I concur. I recently placed an order with them, for the first time, for some assorted calibers. They warned me that due to the backlog, my order probably wouldn't be processed for 5-7 days. Well, I had my order on my doorstep in less than 5 days.

The only disappointment was that they had sold out of one caliber I had ordered, but I received an e-mail the day prior to my order arriving alerting me to that fact.

superspud

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Texas
    damn i didnt know ammo to go was in brenham! thats awesome news...

i could go for a nice drive around texas AND load up on ammo all in the same day... two birds one stone!

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    cool, I just learned something new too... when they're done doing their catch up, I'm def. going to make a trip. Best ammo prices anywhere as far as I'm concerned.

Prvi Partisan is great due to the fact they carry some of the most varied surplus calibers I've seen. But when it comes to 7.62x54R and many other Milsurp calibers I've always preferred S&B for Hunting. But for range plinking and being able to have re-loadable brass afterwards Prvi is the best.

Top Bottom