• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Personally I believe posting any pictures on Facebook is a mistake but I also believe public schools are simply breeding grounds for future liberals, if you want a fair chance at good children they don't belong in the public schools system, it's a joke.

With "common core" this is what we're facing:

image.jpg

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm pretty sure that in government, they were teaching us the same thing....i think it was middle school. Maybe Jr High.

Copperas Cove ISD

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Is that local to you?

School teacher SIL in AR, sent it to me via email. I'm pretty sure it has been making the rounds of the Internet, but she sent it to reinforce her point on a discussion we had earlier this summer about progressive "indoctrination" in her school. Almost ready to retire, she's having a tough time holding on.

Last edited:

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I'm pretty sure that in government, they were teaching us the same thing....i think it was middle school. Maybe Jr High.
    Copperas Cove ISD

Nope, went to school in Texas from third grade through college, starting 62 years ago, and the only "indoctrination" we got was good citizenship and Texas history. My youngest graduated from K-12 ten years ago in Houston (Lamar) and did not experience anything resembling that grammar test, until she went to college, out of state.

Keep in mind that test was an English/grammar test, not social studies, government, or history, so WTF was the purpose of that type question on a grammar test, except an attempt at progressive "indoctrination"?

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It's maddening.
    The next generation will be the end of America if something isn't done.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    It's maddening.
    The next generation will be the end of America if something isn't done.

You're more optimistic than me. I think the current generation guarantees we're toast.:D

That said, I recall my grandfather saying the same thing 60 years ago. The cynicism comes with an aged based perspective. We are the only ones who have experienced just how much things have changed ... and not all for the bad, but a helluva lot of it ain't good.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Having worked in public schools for many years and seen most of this garbage, most of these Administrative blunders can be beaten. It's going to require money and time but eventually, you will prevail. They try to delay the proceedings and hope that you'll give up. If you hang in there, you'll probably beat them.

Having said that.....why would you want to battle something like this out? Your kid's job is to get an education and you should support that. You can get relief by transferring to another school, attain the educational goal and save the time and trouble of fighting them. Not ALL Administrators are totally foolish, petty and worthless even though the percentage of goofballs is very high.

Do you want to make a point and divert yourselves from the primary goal...............or do you want to win the prize, get the education, get the Hxll out of there and go on to a great life?

If you wrestle with pigs in a slop hole, you soon realize that the pigs like it!

Flash

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Having worked in public schools for many years and seen most of this garbage, most of these Administrative blunders can be beaten. It's going to require money and time but eventually, you will prevail. They try to delay the proceedings and hope that you'll give up. If you hang in there, you'll probably beat them.

Having said that.....why would you want to battle something like this out? Your kid's job is to get an education and you should support that. You can get relief by transferring to another school, attain the educational goal and save the time and trouble of fighting them. Not ALL Administrators are totally foolish, petty and worthless even though the percentage of goofballs is very high.

Do you want to make a point and divert yourselves from the primary goal...............or do you want to win the prize, get the education, get the Hxll out of there and go on to a great life?

If you wrestle with pigs in a slop hole, you soon realize that the pigs like it!

Flash

Because by allowing this to happen we are saying it is OK. Things like this SHOULD be fought.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Top Bottom