• ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Public school principal bans parent/Veteran from her childs own school

12 On Your Side: Banned from child's elementary school for Facebook picture?

An Army veteran living in Georgia says she wants an apology from her daughter's former school after being banned from the building for posting a photo of her concealed weapons permit to her Facebook page, WRDW.com reports.
    external-link.png

Tanya Mount says she was approached by a police officer from the Richmond County Board of Education at McBean Elementary School and was warned that she was about to get a criminal trespass warning.

The officer told her that the principal at the school was “scared” of her and did not want her on the school property, she told the station.

"He asks: 'Were you in the Army?,"' she said. "I said, yes. He's like, 'Do you have a concealed weapons permit?' I said yes," she told the station.

A phone call from FoxNews.com to Richmond County Board of Education was not immediately returned. WJBF.com asked Janina Dallas, the school's principal, if the "no trespass order" was issued over the post, and Dallas responded: "Yes, it was."

"It is my duty and responsibility as the principal of this school to ensure the safety and security of all of our faculty, staff and students," Dallas told
    external-link.png
    WJBF.com.

Mount reportedly said, "I feel that this is some high school crap." She is calling for a public apology.

"I am a private person. However, after serving OUR country, it is my DUTY to make sure that our lives are not infringed upon. However, do it all within the confinements of the LAW, I am a law-abiding citizen," Mount posted on Facebook after the uproar.

Other posts on Mount's Facebook page are photographs of children trick-or-treating and recipes for pork tenderloin.

Her daughter has since transferred from the school.

I suspect a few of you may wish to voice your opinion.

Richmond County Board of Education
    McBean Elementary School
    Dr. Janaina Dallas, Principal
    706-592-3723
    dallaja@rcboe.org

Dr. Frank G. Roberson
    Superintendent
    4th Floor - Central Offices
    864 Broad Street
    Augusta, GA 30901
    roberfr@boe.richmond.k12.ga.us
    706-826-1000
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Insane... How is posting pics a danger to the faculty and staff? I work in a school district and that would by no means make me feel unsafe!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Posting a pic of your CHL should do the opposite of scaring the principle.

Here's what I pull up to my sons school with every morning:

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Personally I believe posting any pictures on Facebook is a mistake but I also believe public schools are simply breeding grounds for future liberals, if you want a fair chance at good children they don't belong in the public schools system, it's a joke.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    "She told me that instead of volunteering at the school and playing on the play ground with my daughter I need to be at home doing grown up things," Dallas said.

I think there may be more to this story due to the above statement. We've not gotten the principal's side of things.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Possibly, and may have been simply antagonistic. Either way, besides killing the enemy on a battlefield, I defy Dr. Dallas to name something more grown up than raising your child. Just another stupid comment by Dallas IMO.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom