• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    my dad actually bought the HS2000 for $200 or so when it first came out, and it was touted as the Glock clone for half the price. Then Springfield rebranded it as the XD and jacked up the price.

My first ever firearm was a Springfield XD. I didn't learn about its history for years - someone asked "so did you ever try an HS2000?" and I"m like "whats that?" "Your Springfield, back when they sold for $250 brand new without the stupid Springfield name on it"

They look sorta Glock-like, but I'd hardly call it a clone. I did buy into the "better than a Glock, for less" hype. My second pistol was a Glock 22. I like both guns. I especially like both guns when they don't cost $600!

The Dagger though, is actually a Glock design - Glock compatable internals, Glock like trigger, etc. Like a Kimber, Springfield, Rock Island, or Wilson Combat is to a Colt 1911.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It’s a good price. If it runs reliably sure. If not I’ll stick to police trade in mp’s/glocks

long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    I'm just so tempted. For the price, I kinda want one just to play with at the range. If nothing else I have all the guys to try out some odd-ball Glock Lower 3D prints..

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I got to the range this morning to shoot my new Dagger. Ain't she purty?

Dagger1.jpg

I did dab some orange toenail polish on the sights beforehand.

Dagger2.jpg

I stuck a target paster on the steel to give me an aiming point. These are the first 10 rounds down the barrel at 10 yards at a pretty fast pace.

Dagger3.jpg

I shot 8 15 round magazines through it without nary an issue. I shot FMJ ball and round coated lead bullets. As a kind of sub-test, I used Glock factory magazines that have been stored loaded for over 4 years. No problems there, either.

The Dagger is every bit as handsome as a Glock 19 but it does feel better in the hand. The magazine release is a little stiff, not sure if it's the spring or a little drag on the release button. I may check it out later...and I may not. I have changed the trigger to a Glock 17 trigger and changed to a Ghost connector with great results. Primary Arms had spring its on sale for $6.99 and when the springs come I'll play around with them. My Kydex holster that I use to carry my 2nd Gen Glock 19 fits the Dagger perfectly and I haven't had to adjust the tension. I have it on my side right now.

All in all, I like the gun. With a little over 100 rounds through it, it has proven reliable. I'll put more rounds through it before I really feel comfortable with carrying it. For the price, I think PSA has built a very good carry/defense striker fired gun.

long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    I picked up a Dagger lower only. Just took it to the range the other day. Also built a P80 lower, and tested them both side by side. It shot perfectly. And oddly, the grip feels exactly like my Taurus TX-22. I'm impressed. Would like a rougher grip texture, but I can get that fixed with a simple stipple job.

Top Bottom