• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Frantically bashing buttons to quiet the nonsense when this crap hit stations years ago, I singled out the magic button in short order.
    Based upon yapping on other forums, not everyone has done so so, here ya go. ;)

cmQvASP.png
    Military Camp

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I miss the good old days when you could pull into a gas station and they would fill your tank, wash your windshield, check your oil and water, and hand you some piece of kitchenware to add to your collection, with gas at $.25... Those were the days!

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I miss the good old days when you could pull into a gas station and they would fill your tank, wash your windshield, check your oil and water, and hand you some piece of kitchenware to add to your collection, with gas at $.25... Those were the days!
    I miss the good old days too. Mostly because -
    I wasn't good, and I wasn't old. :laughing:

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Good to know there’s a mute button on them.

Those type of pumps usually have the adverse effect on me as they don’t have anything blathering on them that interests me. So in effect I get my head up & pay attention to what’s going on around me.

People watching I do notice that it’s about half of who’s watching the pump & who’s paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Steak knives at the Shell station and green glassware at Shamrock, IIRC.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Wow, TV's on gas pumps when did that happen?? We're still working on trying to get a pump that will pump faster than 1/10 of a gallon a minute.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    People watching I do notice that it’s about half of who’s watching the pump & who’s paying attention.

Yeah, whatever distractions are going on, my attention is on two things - when my tank gets full, and what the people around me are doing. One reason I hate filling up in Dallas is you're guaranteed to get approached by a panhandler.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yeah, whatever distractions are going on, my attention is on two things - when my tank gets full, and what the people around me are doing. One reason I hate filling up in Dallas is you're guaranteed to get approached by a panhandler.
    i turn the tables on pan handlers! i ask them if i can borrow money from them they usually leave pretty quickly!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've had to deal with some pretty aggressive ones. One time I even stuck around to make sure a young woman I didn't know was able to finish pumping her gas without being hassled. The panhandler was glaring daggers at me when he saw me tell her to watch out for him (this was a gas station/convenience store/laundromat with about 18 pumps and he was working every lane) and started pacing and glaring at me when I stood by my car and didn't go anywhere while she finished up.

toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    Check the air in your tires too. That was me doing that way back when.

• Haha
    Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom