ARJ Defense ad

PSA issues. Lets see how their customer service is.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've bought a crap ton of PSA stuff. Parts lowers whole guns magazines and optics. Never once in atleast 15 plus years have I had a problem. Not even when they were having shipping issues when expanding.

One time an order of magazines was delayed after the AWB sunset and when shipped they threw in a few extra c-products mags.

Today was a new experience.

Today I go to assemble a lower of theirs i bought and lower parts kit. First the trigger guard roll pin was out of spec on one end. Dinged the ear a bit but no big deal as I've done worse by bouncing my punch off a rollin before. Fiddled with it a second till I realised the problem and a pr of pliers solved the issue. They arent supposed to be tapered lol. A sharpie colored in the little ring ding I put in the ear.

Go to assemble the bolt catch and I've got 2 roll pins but no bolt catch buffer. So cant do that.

Move on since I gotta call to have one sent on monday and find the J pin in the hammer wont engage the grove in the hammer pin. Well shit that's 2 parts I need replaced cause they properly flattened the J pin and it wont come out anyways. So I assemble it anyways for function testing and it's good. The hammer pin just pushes out easily.

Next up...

The safety lever detent and spring are also out of spec. It's so lose it's almost floppy. Very unsafe. Can turn on or off with almost no pressure or banging the lower the right way.

So several parts from the kit are out of spec and I'll call them first thing monday to have replacements sent as well as another lower I'm buying from them. I may sell this one I'm building or keep it in the safe. Cant hurt to have extra.

I'll report back on their customer service

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've bought a crap ton of PSA stuff. Parts lowers whole guns magazines and optics. Never once in atleast 15 plus years have I had a problem. Not even when they were having shipping issues when expanding.

One time an order of magazines was delayed after the AWB sunset and when shipped they threw in a few extra c-products mags.

Today I go to assemble a lower of theirs i bought and lower parts kit. First the trigger guard roll pin was out of spec on one end. Dinged the ear a bit but no big deal as I've done worse by bouncing my punch off a rollin before. Fiddled with it a second till I realised the problem and a pr of pliers solved the issue. They arent supposed to be tapered lol. A sharpie colored in the little ring ding I put in the ear.

Go to assemble the bolt catch and I've got 2 roll pins but no bolt catch buffer. So cant do that.

Move on since I gotta call to have one sent on monday and find the J pin in the hammer wont engage the grove in the hammer pin. Well shit that's 2 parts I need replaced cause they properly flattened the J pin and it wont come out anyways. So I assemble it anyways for function testing and it's good. The hammer pin just pushes out easily.

Next up...

The safety lever detent and spring are also out of spec. It's so lose it's almost floppy. Very unsafe. Can turn on or off with almost no pressure or banging the lower the right way.

So several parts from the kit are out of spec and I'll call them first thing monday to have replacements sent as well as another lower I'm buying from them. I may sell this one I'm building or keep it in the safe. Cant hurt to have extra.

I’ve bought some stuff from them. Never had an issue with anything

keep us posted. I’m curious.

Reactions: gll

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    I just got an Anderson LPK with a defective safety selector. Detents were too deep and it was locked in SAFE. Also, the front and rear take down pins were obviously from different subcontractors—one was blued and the other parked. Not defective, but annoying. These subcontractors must be sucking it on the QC trying to get out as many parts as possible before Biden kills the hobby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Once bought a complete upper from them. 18" SS barrel version. Couldn't get it to cycle at all. Took it over to a frineds house were we disassembled it. No gas port on the barrel. I'm sure they out sourced the barrel, but I figured during assembly it would have been obvious when installing the gas block that there was no hole there. Didn't trust them to fix it, and put faxon barrel on it. Don't know about their CS but their QC is questionable.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Once bought a complete upper from them. 18" SS barrel version. Couldn't get it to cycle at all. Took it over to a frineds house were we disassembled it. No gas port on the barrel. I'm sure they out sourced the barrel, but I figured during assembly it would have been obvious when installing the gas block that there was no hole there. Didn't trust them to fix it, and put faxon barrel on it. Don't know about their CS but their QC is questionable.
    I’ve only bought one or two non-CHF battle from them. The lesser ones are good enough for intended purposes. I like the FN CHF barrels though.

Do you still have the old one? If you ever have a problem go to their page on ARFCOM, you’ll get it solved.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I’ve only bought one or two non-CHF battle from them. The lesser ones are good enough for intended purposes. I like the FN CHF barrels though.

Do you still have the old one? If you ever have a problem go to their page on ARFCOM, you’ll get it solved.
    I don't this was a few years ago.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

Next up...

Their customer service is good, I had some issues with an order that I canceled and they took care of it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

:D

I just stopped in here to say I’ve bought a couple of complete uppers from them that worked good.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That’s wild it didn’t have the port. Never even heard of that. There’s always that outlier.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    I just got an Anderson LPK with a defective safety selector. Detents were too deep and it was locked in SAFE. Also, the front and rear take down pins were obviously from different subcontractors—one was blued and the other parked. Not defective, but annoying. These subcontractors must be sucking it on the QC trying to get out as many parts as possible before Biden kills the hobby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds correct to me.. what pisses me off is that something as obvious as what you mentioned gets past QC.. SEEMS THEIR QC NEEDS MORE QC. In the last year I have read numerous complaints about PSA products having issues that are un-acceptable for an expensive purchase. Some of these companies are guilty I believe of pushing too hard and cutting corners to cash in on the "craze" we find ourselves in due to covid and all the liberal back-stabbing politics threating our freedoms. Then again.. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom