• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Came across this - I'd heard of the PSA mags. Now I think I'm going to order a couple for my wife's gun, as she has a Glock 43X, and these are the same price as Glock factory mags with 50% more capacity.

Unlike the Shield Arms mags, these don't require you to replace your mag catch, as the interface is polymer to polymer.
    Military Camp

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Unlike the Shield Arms mags, these don't require you to replace your mag catch, as the interface is polymer to polymer.
    I've been running the shield mags for 3 years in my 48 and haven't replaced my mag catch yet. I still wonder if this really an issue or a way to get some more money. I don't see any abnormal wear on mine yet.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I've used the Shield magazines and have always had problems with the slide locking back after the last round. Shield has good customer service and sent me new springs. They worked for a while then went back to not locking the slide back.

I ordered some of the PSA magazines to try. They were a long time getting on the market so, I hope they have all of the bugs worked out of them. Due to my surgery, I haven't gotten to try them out just yet.

They look good and fit in the frame good. I haven't loaded any rounds in them yet.

They are hybrid, plastic and metal. The forward part is plastic, the reason that you don't have to change the magazine release.

m1.jpg

The rear part is metal and looks clean and neat.

m2.jpg

The base has the PSA logo and that's what you press to disassemble the magazine.

m3.jpg

I'm looking forward to trying them out. Maybe next week.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Those mags look like ass.

To be fair, Glocks also look like ass. As long as they function, its ok. Its like ugly girls with good horizontal dancing skills - they ain't pretty but they're reliable and get the job done. And since we're talking PSA, its like the ugly, skilled girl who is down to eat at Whataburger instead of insisting on Texas Road House.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    To be fair, Glocks also look like ass. As long as they function, its ok. Its like ugly girls with good horizontal dancing skills - they ain't pretty but they're reliable and get the job done. And since we're talking PSA, its like the ugly, skilled girl who is down to eat at Whataburger instead of insisting on Texas Road House.
    Psa is butter face?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm not planning on entering them in the Pretty Magazine contest at the County Fair. I'm going to use them to feed cartridges into the chamber. If they do that reliably, I'm happy.

Just wondering, do you have any pictures of what you'd call a pretty magazine?
    Looks like pro mag made em. Stay mad.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Psa is butter face?

Damn right - not sexy like a finely crafted Italian piece of art like a Beretta, or a Mec Gar. PSA is like Tanya Harding - DTF, will go offroading with you, will go fishing with you, will throw down in a fight, can be dressed up and look OK but deep down they're homely. I wouldn't put it past PSA to hire their ex to wack another gun company in the knee with an ASP if they thought it gave 'em a shot at the gold either. :laughing:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I got a chance to try the new Micro Dagger magazines this morning. All 3 fed perfectly.
    2 out of 3 didn't lock the slide back the first time.
    I shot 3 full magazines through all 3 and except for the first time, they locked the slide back every time.
    If they go back to not locking the slide back, I'll try to stretch the springs a little bit. The main thing, they fed all rounds perfectly.

dmwz71

Professional Retiree
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Crosby, Texas
    I purchased some of the PSA mags last week. I haven't got them to the range yet, but I fully expect they will function without issues. PSA stuff works. Most of the time, anyway.

Top Bottom