PSA to the mathematically challenged

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by mosin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. mosin

mosin Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    600/300=2 not 200

So I listen to talk radio a fair bit, namely wsb out of atlanta, in recent days I've heard 5+ different callers on various programs.

"obamacare website cost ~612 million dollars, there are only ~300 million americans, they could've just given everyone 2 million dollars"

Only one host has even bothered to correct the person in question.

These are probably the same people bitching about birth certificates no doubt.

2. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Lake Jackson
    Are you expecting someone to say that they are in favor of spending 600 million on a defunct website for an even more defunct program? It sure sounds like you are supporting the program from your wording. Even if they gave everyone $2 it would be better than all the money it is going to COST America. I'll take a $2 profit over a loss anyday.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

3. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    What does lack of math ability have to do with having a president who cant produce a legit birth certificate or college transcripts?

Just Curious.

4. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Lake Jackson
    Yeah, its funny that libs will call for more extensive background checks and ask me to provide ID to purchase a firearm that is my right under the 2nd Amendment yet it is called "bitching" to ask the commander in chief to show his birth certificate before commanding one of the most powerful military forces on the planet.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

5. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    It' s like the with the Trillion dollar stimulus. They could have just given everyone a million, and saved a whole lot of money

6. mosin

mosin Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Hell no I'm not in favor of anything this jackass does but come this is 3rd grade level stuff. If your going to critcize someone it helps to make sure your not proving your own incompetence in the process

7. mosin

mosin Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Because most of the folks saying that and this sound like they have the same level of critical thinking skills.

With regards to that debacle its a moot point and not worth getting your panties in bunch, his mom was a citizen and he's been elected by a majority twice... unfortunately.

8. AMERICANTARGETS741776

AMERICANTARGETS741776 Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Just curious, I haven't really kept up with it, but what/who is obamacare affecting exactly? Besides Health insurance providers/Docs?

9. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    eventually everyone, that is the goal. it will limit what docs can charge which will run them out of business. also effect the hospitals on getting paid. drug industry, all aspects of healthcare

10. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    1. My paties are not in a bunch.
    2. His mom's citizenship has no bearing on his eligibility to be President. It is his place of birth that is in question.
    3. While it is a moot point at this time, it a good example of how deceitful and manipulative this administration is. Every previous president has been very forthcoming with college records and birth certificates. In this presidents case we can't even find anyone he allegedly went to college with. Quite odd to say the least. Typically people who attended school with a president of the United Staes will line up to tell you their views on him.