• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Killbox Alpha

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Denton County
    I’m curious if any one has had any experience with suppressing a PWS 308 gen 1. After reading the instructions (yes that’s hard to believe) and setting the gas system per the manufacturer the bcg and recoil impulse is very high. Operating it in the #4 position which is intended for “hotter” military ammo, the bolt carrier speed is very fast compared to my other piston rifle. Just looking for first hand experience with this platform. I’m new to PWS and so far I’m not super impressed. The suppressor of choice for this rifle was the Deadair Sandman Ti for those of you wondering.
    Guns International

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Yup, PWS makes fantastic guns.

The biggest thing is you have a 308, which are picky as all get-out on gas settings, combined with a high backpressure can. If the gun reliably cycles, it's a very very very good thing.

AR-10s aren't the same as 15s... they are a whole different beast when it comes to tuning. For AR-15s, you generally tune to shoot soft. 10s, you tune to get them to actually run and not have all kinds of issues. The Sandman-Ti increases this. Port noise and harsher cycling are to be expected on a 308 with a can... just part of the platform. A Sandman-S would probably smooth it out quite a bit compared to the Ti.

If you think 308 is bad... start getting into things like suppressing an AR-10 custom fit for .243 using pretty much zero standard parts.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Yup, PWS makes fantastic guns.

The biggest thing is you have a 308, which are picky as all get-out on gas settings, combined with a high backpressure can. If the gun reliably cycles, it's a very very very good thing.

AR-10s aren't the same as 15s... they are a whole different beast when it comes to tuning. For AR-15s, you generally tune to shoot soft. 10s, you tune to get them to actually run and not have all kinds of issues. The Sandman-Ti increases this. Port noise and harsher cycling are to be expected on a 308 with a can... just part of the platform. A Sandman-S would probably smooth it out quite a bit compared to the Ti.

If you think 308 is bad... start getting into things like suppressing an AR-10 custom fit for .243 using pretty much zero standard parts.
    Would using something like a Slash’s Heavy Buffer help? They’re pricey but I read good things about them.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Potentially, but it's a balancing act. For example, with my 243 It's a weird length gas system, SLR gas block tuned darn near all the way off, JP 308 Silent Capture spring with H2 weight and the stiffest spring. On top, there's a small spacer in there as well. That took a year to get tuned perfectly...

Top Bottom