Join TexasGunTalk

PTR 91 question??

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by The_governor, Sep 3, 2018.

1. The_governor

The_governor New Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Rice, Tx
    Hey folks, new member here so thanks for the add......Here is my question....I recently purchased a California compliant/Bullet button PTR 91...I would like to change this back and also add a paddle magazine release. How difficult is this to do and which parts kits do I need to do it??....One other question....Rifle also came with the polymer lower....is it worth the time to change this to a steel lower....appearance wise I think the steel lower would look better...but thats just my opinion.....Thanks again for the add

2. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Only paddle mag release I had done was done by RTDS, but they did a lot of others work @ the time. If they aint done right they rattle is something to watch out for. TMP Outfitters are H&K smiths located in Texas.

3. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Texas gun people aren't very hep on bullet buttons.

4. The_governor

The_governor New Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Rice, Tx
    I'm not either...but I got a really good deal on this rifle so I would like to change it back.....and to make this clear....I am not in California....I am a native Texan here in Texas....I also got twenty 20 round mags with it....illegal in California I believe as is being in possession of this rifle without the bullet button....I have put about 200 rounds through it without a malfunction...very easy to disassemble and clean....its a little heavy but I like it so far....very accurate

5. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    We've got Caliprunians on the forum here that'll fess up & help you.

6. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Bill Springfield can make it right.

7. smittyb

smittyb Well-Known

Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    So can GhilleBear

Southpaw likes this.
  8. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Why not get a REAL HK91, PTR91 and send the Cali-Compliant back to where it belongs???????????????

Sell it on gunbroker (back to some unfortunate soul living in a Cali $h!thole) and get one already made to 'real-world-standards'. Do the math and see if it works????

They might need the parts that make it 'compliant' in their location. (so sorry for them)

I have a 1983 HK91 my wife bought me for my birthday (back in 1983) and I added a 'paddle-Mag-release' just a few years ago. Easy mod that you can do at home.

bob

9. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I bought 20 aluminum 20 round mags at cheaper-than-dirt in Fort Worth about 15 years ago for $1.00 each. I went back and bought 20 more so I have 40 x 20 rounds (plus many STEEL mags) loaded for my HK91. Can NEVER have too many ways to store ammo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

The_governor likes this.
  10. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Indeed.