• ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!

post edited so as not to offend those who really, truely believe that Islam is a religion of peace that is being unjustly attacked by American.

Target Sports

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Other than a hit piece on the Muslims, and not the school who sanctioned the trip I don't see an issue. They went to hear the views of the people there and did.

The prayer time couldn't have been changed, the idea that the boys and girls were separated is part of their faith. That the boys participated was poor supervision by school officials or could be the kids were Muslim?

the field trip was part of a course titled, “Enduring Beliefs and the World Today.” It included a visit to a synagogue and a mosque – along with a gospel music concert and a meeting with representatives of the Hindu religion.

I didn't see them preaching hate towards Americans or any other radical belief there. Again, blame the school not the Muslims there for poor supervision or planning.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    During the course of this program there was not another time when the kids were "encouraged" to take part in a time of praye...or by having boys allowed but girls not allowed in any activity.

In the other outside trips, they kids had an opportunity to ask questions of church leaders about what they belive but in no case were they treated as anything but students on a field trip asking questions....except for the stop at the Mosque, where the kids were being openly recruited to join Islam., and THAT is where the problem comes in.

Had parents of been told "we are going to take your kids to a worship service at XYZ Christian Church...or Such-n-Such Synagogue..." then their wouldn't have been much of an issue...they weren't taken to worship services at the other places visited, thus my original statement.

The school has apologized for the way this was done, and while standing beside the teacher that set it up, they aren't real happy about it, either.

Please, if you want to present information trying to disprove the OP, do it with complete evidence. I stand by the point of the original post, and the story as reported. Prayers don't go on 24/7 at that mosque that I am aware of, times could have been changed to allow a visit during a time when prayer was NOT being held, like was done for every other place of worship visited.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    So, It was the schools\organizers fault not the Muslims giving the tour... right?

My point was Muslims have six prayers a day at predictable times.. .Yes it could have been planned better BY the school if they didn't want to expose the kids. Girls could have participated in the prayer as well, they just aren't allowed to mix with the boys during that time.

How do you know the kids didn't start sing along with the Christian choir?

I just don't see the reasoning for the bigotry against the Muslims in general or why the Muslims are being blamed for the schools mistake here.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    So, It was the schools\organizers fault not the Muslims giving the tour... right?

My point was Muslims have six prayers a day at predictable times.. .Yes it could have been planned better BY the school if they didn't want to expose the kids. Girls could have participated in the prayer as well, they just aren't allowed to mix with the boys during that time.

How do you know the kids didn't start sing along with the Christian choir?

I just don't see the reasoning for the bigotry against the Muslims in general or why the Muslims are being blamed for the schools mistake here.

You really, really don't see a problem here, do you? A problem with Islam and what it teaches, and the way the group was manipulated when it visited the mosque? Did you even WATCH the video, or did you do what has proven to be your pattern and just read the title and immediately start looking for ways to discredit what posted?

The school went in blindly, I don't believe that the school knew that prayer would be going on at that time, or if they DID know, I don't think they they realized that they would not be allowed to remain in the back ground, as a group, as observers...instead of being manipulated in the way they were. They didn't get this treatment anywhere else they went. Singing a long with a song they may have known is a LOT different from being brought in to worship service to observe and instead having a full court press put on them trying to encourage them to join.

Why is it that you want to defend Islam at all cost, assuming in every circumstance that someone is trying to smear them in some way?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    You really, really don't see a problem here, do you? - The problem I see is a school didn't inform parents or at best should have understood what they were going there to see\do

I did WATCH the video. Twice.

I don't see manipulation though. I see a hit piece with editing. For example... try to describe what is is to be a Christian without talking about Christ. She was discribing their religion not trying to indoctrinate anyone by force.

Ok, the school went in at their time of prayer. What would you expect them to do? Unless they kicked all the kids out, the male and females had to be separated under their belief system to be there. That a few kids joined in isn't surprising as kids will do that especially young males.

You seem to think the Muslims had some sort of mind control over the youth there and in less than an hour converted them to Allah. And the mosque should be at fault for the schools mistake.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Paint me as a radical islamophobe ! If I still had children in school they would have been pulled out and sent where brainwashing was not the curriculum. Radical religion or the total lack of any religious belief whatsoever were not the fundamentals upon which our Republic was founded. We have our hellfire & brimstone folks, our moderate ones, and our athiests and agnostics and althought the battle of beliefs and words beat heavily on the eardrums, none have blown up American Embassies for thirty years or flown airplanes into our buildings and the Pentagon. None of the Americans stone women to death nor treat them as chattel like cows and horses. Yes we have racial problems that will likely end when we all look just alike as penguins.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Here's your sign :-)

mission-statement1.jpg

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Here's your sign :-)

mission-statement1.jpg

You, my friend, have not a CLUE. I have posted information, obviously have a MUCH better handle on the VERY complex geopolitical issues we are facing, and WHY, and I blame Islam only in the actions taken not only buy a group of radicals, but muslims as a whole, and history clearly shows that those actions mean to attempt to kill anyone who does not believe like they do. Those actions, as proven by history over the last 1400 years shows that to allow them to go unchecked is a threat to not only our way of life, but to our very life.

Facts as born out by history, recent as well as over an extended time period, are hard to dispute.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    North Richland Hills (DFW)
    Yes we have racial problems that will likely end when we all look just alike as penguins.

That's why I am and always have been pro penguin-sex. And I don't mean the penguin on penguin variety.

All kidding aside... Islam is a truly evil force that must be destroyed. And first comes first - we need to kill ALL the muslims serving our nation in the military right now. These guys have gained seriously lethal training and information with their infiltration, and most of them talk every weekend to Bin Laden. (At least that's what I read on 3 different blogs just now.) Dying for our freedom my ass!

Next we can take out our muslim allies. We'll just tell them we are launching an attack against Iran, and once we get all our armor and troops over there BLAM! They'll never expect it! See you later Saudi Arabia, thanks for the oil! Nice try Pakistan, we knew you weren't ever on our side.

After that we can cull the heard here at home. I think we can all agree that black muslims are fine as long as they come originally from slaves (not the real Ethiopian type or whatever). From there, execution priority will be determined based on shade of brown.

I think by the time we reach this point, the rest of the world should have already converted to christianity out of pure fear. At least they'll be happy once they reach heaven.

Have a great weekend everyone! Heil Jesus!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    West Texas's:

So how do you propose we address the issue? Hang them in every tree?

What other issues do we have that we should ignore to focus on the Muslims in the USA and abroad? Should we ignore obesity? Should we ignore cancer? Should we ignore education?

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    1) This was a "hit piece". I prefer non-biased facts and the ability to make up my own mind. I do not care to research this myself, but I will not be moved by an obviously slanted piece of propaganda.
    2) Painting all Muslims as terrorists is the same mindset as rounding up the Japanese and putting them in interment camps after Pearl Harbor. We are supposed to learn from our mistakes.
    3) I have participated in several Catholic masses (excluding communion). I have taken part in Buddhist ceremonies while in China. Same with Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormans. If you count weddings and funerals, I have experienced the practices of many more religions that are not mine. Is there something wrong with that, or was it OK because it wasn't an Islamic ceremony?
    4) If a parent is seriously worried that by being exposed to or even OMG taking part in an other religion's practices, their child is going to convert or maybe become the next "Johnny Taliban" that parent needs to look in the mirror and ask some tough questions because they have failed as a parent.
    5) This nation was founded on freedom of religion. Persecuting Americans for their religious beliefs is quite ironic.

[RANT] The problem is not Muslims or Islam. The problem is a global terrorist mind frame that everyone who doesn't agree with you must die. The problem is intolerance. Now it happens that the most radical and violent of these intolerant people are (mostly) Muslims. Its not just 9/11. Its not just London, Spain, Thailand, Russia, etc. This intolerance is responsible for acts of terrorism on at least five continents against numerous nations because they believe that their way is the only way and everyone else must die. Most of the biggest problems in recent history are the result of this intolerance. Its a big F'ing problem and one the whole world and especially non-extremist Muslims should be taking a stance against. Our hands are far from clean in this mess, but at least we are trying to do something about it rather than jsut standing by passivly to see who takes the next big hit. We want or rather NEED the rest of the world to join us in this battle against intolerance. Videos like this, misguided religious leaders talking about burning Qur’ans, etc. is only moving us further away from possible success. You can't hope to fight intolerance and win with more intolerance. However to be passive against an intolerant enemy who is sworn to kill you is asinine. I get that and believe me if it comes down to me vs a terrorist, I will be the first one to pull the trigger and the terrorist can find out how valid their beliefs are. That is defense though. The offense is to get the rest of the world to come to the conclusion that we can either exist in peace, or those standing in the way of peace must rest in pieces. If persons A, B, C, and D can live in peace, but person E will stop at nothing to kill the rest of them, simple logic dictates that E must be eliminated by the combined power of the rest. You are not going to gain that coalition with intolerance and fear mongering. All you are doing is succeeding in convincing the rest of the world that WE are the intolerant ones who should be eliminated. There has never been a time in our history when we have been so hated by so much of the world. Its bullshit, but it is so easy to paint us that way based on some of our actions. Let's stop adding fuel to the fire. Maybe the next president should come from a big PR firm, because we suck at it and we may lose this "War on Terror" because of it.[/RANT]

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Personally, I wish schools would stick to math, science, history etc. I don't want the schools trying to teach their brand of religion to my kids. I'll take care of that.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Personally, I wish schools would stick to math, science, history etc. I don't want the schools trying to teach their brand of religion to my kids. I'll take care of that.

+1 on that ,also reading , geography, phys ed and to graduate on finals some questions on the Constitution like I had to go through.

Cowgirl-1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Texas
    The people in this school who took these kids on this field trip should be fired!!! They send our kids home for wearing I shoot skeet. Army men on there hats,and a bunch of other stupid stuff. They are not allowed to pray. Can they even say the pledge? It says one nation under God. The schools have gotten so ridiculouse, so they in turn they should be put into the same fat they throw our kids into. Let the dum dum who did this burn. If my kid cant pray at school why in the heck would you send them to any other religous establishment. Not to mention they seperated the boys and allowed them to pray. This is making the boys feel intitled and special a good way to brainwash them. While at the same time making the girls sit it out and deaming them inferior. Bad medicine!!!! Musliums go home go away!!!

Top Bottom