public schools are killing america

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Aug 20, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  2. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Yep there is truth in that there video!!!!
    My son after graduating high school had already figured out that pubic school had prepared him to NOTHING!!!!!
    That's why as soon as he graduated he took a carrier path in the Army. I did no pushing or prompting; he figured this out on his own and I am dam proud of that fact.
    Even at 18 years old he could see that public schools were a joke.
    I went to public school and graduated in 1979 and luckily for me I had good common sense and made some good choices. Now I have a decent paying job and work from home - what a sweet deal!!!!
    I have friends though that graduated in the same class and because of a lack of common sense and a public school education, they are just barley above the Mc Donolds employee.

3. Starker

Starker Active Member

True dat!

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Public school is good for a half-assed baby sitting service, picking up bad habits, and scoring drugs.

5. Starker

Starker Active Member

True dat!

I'm working on my post count.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Bout time. GM has broken 1,000. We are thinking about naming a .22 after him. :lolz:

7. Starker

Starker Active Member

Double true! :happy0001:

8. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    My public school education was a joke. When I got to college I thought I was on another planet. Homework? What is homework?

On the other hand, I had a lot of fun in high school.....

9. JimmyGreen

JimmyGreen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    Public school is a joke. Hell, I knew more about history than my history teacher. I remember vividly that for the final exam, she KNEW her answer key had gotten out and was being passed around the class. I watched as the answer key passed from student to student and finally made it's way back up to her desk. I didn't need the answers...because as it was known, history was my strong point. Well, every one turns in their test and she goes off to run them through the scantron. She comes back and hand a few people their test back, including me. She then tells us that "They're gonna find out ya'll cheated if you don't make at least some of your answers wrong." So the others went and changed a few while I looked at her with amazement. I politely looked at her and said, "Mrs. Brown, I aint changing sh**, I earned my perfect score the old fashion way. I refuse to "dumb-down" just to satisfy someone else". She laughed and left mine the way it was. I guess in her eyes, she was "helping" her students pass. But in reality, she was helping no one. Her intentions may have been good, but her and other teachers like her are what made the education at Sam Houston High School pretty much, well, useless. She was very good friend...even came to the house lots of times and became great friends with my mama, but she wasn't that great of a teacher because of her "helping" students pass exams.:2cents:

10. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Liberal schools do hurt our country we see the harm in our current administration.

I heard on radio past few days AISD has 12,000 employees, that per radio jock is one for every four students, more and more taxes for worse results.

As a senior who has adult children I would suggest if you have children or plan on having do all you can to place them in private school, home school anything but public school, actually that is the only way for America to win the war with left wingers.