• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I really do not think public schools can be fixed, perhaps if we could remove the influnce of federal government then we may have a chance.

The schools are gone. Unions, government, and yes that old argument of mine, broken homes have ruined them. Toss in a little PC.

Charters, vouchers, and home schools are the only way out, imho.
    Capitol Armory ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If people gave a damn about public school, it could be reformed.

They can't be reformed, it's impossible. We have unions firmly entrenched, and there is no way in hell they're going to let the reforms we need happen.

Of course, I have no choice but to discredit that amusing little video since it assumes its audience is Christian and blames public schools for everything happening in the culture at large - school-related or not.

There is an argument IMO that schools are hurting a lot more than helping. The lies I had teachers tell me... Looking back, someone should have fired them for pushing obvious political agendas - all of them coming from the left.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i agree with the academics of the conversation public schools are killing america and there is very little hope of changing them, however i do not believe god as anything to do with it im sorry but it doesnt i went to both public and religious private schools and they were both just as damaging as the other, as for home schooling every person i've met that has been home schooled is either a retard or so socially awkward (but smart as a whip) that they cant function in society. this is just my point of view from what ive experienced please dont try to crucify me.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    i've met that has been home schooled is either a retard or so socially awkward (but smart as a whip) that they cant function in society.

What would you consider socially awkward in today's society,:confused: personally I've worked with and trained home schooled children when they reached adult hood and I trusted them far more then public school youth but I place more emphasis on values,standards and moral character then how someone chats in public.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    i agree with the academics of the conversation public schools are killing america and there is very little hope of changing them, however i do not believe god as anything to do with it im sorry but it doesnt i went to both public and religious private schools and they were both just as damaging as the other, as for home schooling every person i've met that has been home schooled is either a retard or so socially awkward (but smart as a whip) that they cant function in society. this is just my point of view from what ive experienced please dont try to crucify me.

+1. Couldn't have put it any better.

Public schools suck, we all know. I've been to 2 Army International schools, homeschooled for a year, and graduated from public school stateside. I've lived all over the world, and one thing is unanimous across the board, home-schooled kids are lacking basic skills to interact in society; which is why I told my mom at the time I'd rather go to the local Swedish school than be homeschooled for another year. Homeschooled kids receive a hell of an education, but they can't put that torque on the ground in terms of communicating and networking. I'm not stereotyping, but homeschooled kids are generally pretty damn weird.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    All that yall are saying is exactly why I was home schooled. I didnt graduate till I was 18 and im still learning as I work. I think the public school messed up when they took trades out there program. Correct me if im wrong if they still do.

What was wrong with learning how to be a machinist, mechanic, carpenter, welder, etc.???

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Public school has become a joke because of our government. My wife has been a teacher for 8 years and I can tell you that the worst thing that could have ever happened was the no child left behind act.......PURE GARBAGE!!! The states now push school districts to the point where teachers are passing students who either turn in no work or really have a failing grade. So, it just keeps getting worse. So, in response to the failing grades the school districts create more red tape and hoops for the teachers to jump through. I graduated high school in 1997 and I can honestly say that if you did not do the work you would fail and be held back a grade. These days kids are not held responsible for their actions and it is making things worse!!! If a kid is failing they just point the finger at the teacher and say you should have done something else. I say BULLH!T. The lazy @ss parents need to turn off the TV, come home from the bars and be a parent. It makes me sick to see how the school system is declining at a very rapid pace. They try to blame it on funding sometimes as well. I say take a portion of what those sorry @ss sports stars are making and put it into education and law enforcement. There is your funding.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    All that yall are saying is exactly why I was home schooled. I didnt graduate till I was 18 and im still learning as I work. I think the public school messed up when they took trades out there program. Correct me if im wrong if they still do.

What was wrong with learning how to be a machinist, mechanic, carpenter, welder, etc.???

Nothing wrong at all. That's how it SHOULD be. When I graduated highschool, we had a full double mechanic shop program, carpentry, welding, and machinist programs teaching our kids the trades and skills for life. Not indoctrinating them with liberal hogwash like what's going on now

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    What would you consider socially awkward in today's society,:confused: personally I've worked with and trained home schooled children when they reached adult hood and I trusted them far more then public school youth but I place more emphasis on values,standards and moral character then how someone chats in public.

im not saying all people who have been home schooled are dumb as a rock and socially awkward there are exceptions to everything, i was just saying the people i've met i wouldnt trust with a sharpened pencil, but i also live in a city where its easy to fall through the cracks and where alot of parents who dont want their kids in public school system so they take on the task of teaching their kids themselves which some parents have no business teaching anything, i.e. my ex sister inlaw who openly admitted to a judge during a custody hearing that she is a raging crack head with no intention to stop was allowed custody then allowed to take her kids out of school and home school them, now the kids one 14 is a thief and the other 12 which im convinced will end up in prison for murder. im not saying every home schooled individual is like this just some, it boils down to whoever is teaching the child whether it be a parent or private teacher.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Nothing wrong at all. That's how it SHOULD be. When I graduated highschool, we had a full double mechanic shop program, carpentry, welding, and machinist programs teaching our kids the trades and skills for life. Not indoctrinating them with liberal hogwash like what's going on now

The guys I've worked with that came out of the auto shop programs couldn't find an exhaust pipe with two hands and a map... I'm unimpressed by them and the college programs.

You can educate all you want, but unless someone can study something and understand how it works, they'll never be good at fixing it.

Then again, it seems like high school counselors are still sending "those kind of kids" to the auto programs (where they're available). Morons. You can't be a dummy and work on cars now. You can be a dummy and be a school counselor apparently.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    The guys I've worked with that came out of the auto shop programs couldn't find an exhaust pipe with two hands and a map... I'm unimpressed by them and the college programs.

You can educate all you want, but unless someone can study something and understand how it works, they'll never be good at fixing it.

Then again, it seems like high school counselors are still sending "those kind of kids" to the auto programs (where they're available). Morons. You can't be a dummy and work on cars now. You can be a dummy and be a school counselor apparently.

It's sad that these technical/vocational programs have been reduced to the "problem children"

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i got a good one in highschool grades 9, 10, and 11 in my english class all we did was read the harry potter books in 12th i stopped going to english and still passed with like an 80 this is how bad public school systems are.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am really disappointed that the usual suspects that bash the hell out of me when I bash government schools have not come out.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Obama, is that you on TGT?

I don't think so, buddy! I see nothing wrong with taking a portion of the proceeds made off of sports ticket sales and putting into education and LE for that state. The money would be going to needed ares, NOT to lazy ass losers sitting around popping out kids to get a check! Do you have a better idea or just smart ass comments? Anyways this is a different thread in its own.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I don't think so, buddy! I see nothing wrong with taking a portion of the proceeds made off of sports ticket sales and putting into education and LE for that state. The money would be going to needed ares, NOT to lazy ass losers sitting around popping out kids to get a check! Do you have a better idea or just smart ass comments? Anyways this is a different thread in its own.

Really? Really?

How about taking a portion of ALL successful business ventures and doing the same? This is what you are proposing. Think before you make statements.

There is already a ton of money flushed down the government school toilet . Do you really think that penalizing successful businesses and redistributing their wealth to a failed system will make it better?

Try not to show your class envy so much.

Top Bottom