• ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Really? Really?

How about taking a portion of ALL successful business ventures and doing the same? This is what you are proposing. Think before you make statements.

There is already a ton of money flushed down the government school toilet . Do you really think that penalizing successful businesses and redistributing their wealth to a failed system will make it better?

Try not to show your class envy so much.[/quote]
    Now that is an ignorant statement.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Everyone has a different idea. Let's not turn this into something beyond that.

True, Sir. Back to the topic. I totally agree that public schools are going down hill fast. It just angers me because it could be changed, but instead of solving problems and people doing something about it they just point the finger. But hey, that seems to be the SOP for most of the world these days.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    It just angers me because it could be changed, but instead of solving problems and people doing something about it they just point the finger.

I did more than point a finger. I changed things in my personal life and my kids do not attend public school.

I do still pay taxes to Cy-Fair ISD. Hopefully the jocks that use the new 80 million dollar sports complex will come out of the locker room as rocket scientists.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I did more than point a finger. I changed things in my personal life and my kids do not attend public school.

I do still pay taxes to Cy-Fair ISD. Hopefully the jocks that use the new 80 million dollar sports complex will come out of the locker room as rocket scientists.

Now that is some good stuff right there. I could have thought of MANY other things they could have spent that money on!!! I am glad you saw that your kids would not get the education they deserve and made a choice. With the way the school districts are getting to be there will be no more public school teachers who truly care about making a difference in a child's life.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Hahaha, that reminds me of my home town in Michigan. The teachers were ignorant or plain dumb in most cases. The school didn't have air conditioning, so we'd stew for a few months out of the year (the school was meant to have AC when it was built, though, so the windows were sealed shut ). The books were ancient. And pretty much everything else was crappy, run down and needed replacement or upgrade.

But damned if they didn't tear down the entire football stadium and rebuild it from the ground up! The only other sports that benefited were track and field. The baseball diamonds were crap... Millions of dollars pissed away for something that holds no educational value.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    When I was in the fourth grade my old man was station at Ft. Sill (Lawton Oklahoma). Everyday they started field artillery around 1, and we sat around listening to every window shake and the building tremble for a good half hour, sometimes more. One day that building will cave in, just glad it wasn't on me.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Education . . . . where to start.

The do-gooders see education as a means to spread economic prosperity. One of the few things that correlate with economic success is the level of eductation. How do you raise people's standards of living? Raise the eductional levels of more students.

Poor people's children do not do as well in school (on average). I have no idea why. I don't think it is genetic. Maybe it has to do with expentation. . . I don't know, another can of worms. So governments start throwing money at the problem (what else are they gonna do?). You spred the lie that you must go to college to succede. You denegrade "working" jobs, and stop teaching those kinds of subjects because going to college usually gets you more earning potential.

Sooner or later, you are going to lower standards to get more people (particularly the people that need it the most)

Long story short, the "social justice" BS is one of the major problems IMO.

Then comes the fun parts.

Teachers. . . some good, some bad. Most mediocre, and the good ones get frustrated with the BS that rolls both up (from the students and parents) and down (from the administration) But there is a big disconnect between the teachers, parents, and the administration (the guys at my HS making over 100K). Long story short, they spend a lot of money, most of it doesn nothing. They end up teaching to a test so as to make the numbers look better.

Any politician who threatens to decrease spending gets murdered (politically). If they do decrease spending, the schools spend less on critical programs (like math, science, and history) so that they can cry foul.

I won't even touch parents.

I graduated High school in 2004, college in 2008, and professional school (hopefully) in 2012. I actually had a pretty good experience in my pre-college years. I learned a lot of lessons, most having nothing to do with textbooks. I played football, wrestling, and track. I applied myself academically. Very few students do. Most don't have to. I knew more physics, biology, math, and history as a high school senior than most of the lower level college students that I tutored.

I have no idea how to fix it, other than to revamp the whole stinking system. Get rid of have the administration, make parents be parents, and fail kids that fail.

Oh and bring back the paddle.

Sorry for the grammer (I hope Mrs. Pasterchick isn't on here >: ) )

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    They are commie mind laundries. They don't learn nothing useful to society. Soon to become vaccine killing fields. Don't take the vaccines!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom