APOD Firearms

Pull out of public school and reduce government intervention in your life.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Dude...that's such bullshit. The whole point of those is to talk about issues-which he WAS doing. Time is running low? Extend that shit!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Before anyone says..."we dont have the full video". I dont care that we dont have the full video. If we did the same people would say "we dont know the whole story or previous interactions".

I dont care. The guy wasnt a threat and wasnt out of control. Its ridiculous.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I agree, the best way to combat them is to not have your child attend. It's obvious that you are not going to get anywhere by talking to them.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For as much as people preach against gov in their lives...most are just fine with turning their kids over to gov for 7+ hours a day.

Shit like this should be a wake up call.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was a public school teacher in a rural area. They told me to teach the middle school kids about gay sex. I said "no" and not just no but hell no as I walked out of the meeting. I was willing to lose my job over it. Im glad I was there to block that garbage from the kids but the fact remains that administrators and school boards and especially unions are radicals.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    They care about 2 things.
    The taxable value of your property and the federal dollar value of each student.
    Laws are on their side.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    My wife teaches at a classical, christian-based, home-school co-op. Their model of grammar (facts), logic (debate) and rhetoric (theory) persuades students to enjoy learning and become life-long learners. She taught in low-income public schools for five years prior and she says it's like teaching on another planet. The kids care, the parents care, the educators care and the administration cares. TAEKS isn't the goal, STAAR isn't the goal, college isn't the goal, knowledge isn't even the goal. People eager to find the answer for themselves and defend their position is the goal. I'll be honest, even as a christian I had a tough time understanding where Christ fit into education, but It's hard to argue with the results her school is pumping out. Most of these young kids are able to form an opinion and articulate a logical, reasonable debate better than most college-educated adults I know. Seniors are required to author a thesis and defend that thesis among a board of professionals in that field just to graduate — pretty hard-core stuff.

Despite receiving no discounts for tuition, we have decided our children's education is more valuable than a new truck or motorcycle or boat or trip to Italy — so those things will wait.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Thanks for those links!
    Anytime. And if you've got any questions I can get you in touch with my wife or the headmaster/principal/English teacher — they can both give you a fairly objective assessment of the benefits and disadvantages of the home-school co-op and the classical model.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I know there's one in Austin, that's why the Belton school was started (parent got tired of driving to Austin).

If you can find something like this:
    http://www.provprep.org/

San Antonio:
    Summit Christian Academy | San Antonio, TX
    Geneva School of Boerne | A Christian and classical school located in Boerne, Texas.

Thanks for posting these.
    I'm not going to lie, the tuition did make me gasp but I'm wondering how much more prepared would my daughter be for college or life in general then the alternative.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I was a public school teacher in a rural area. They told me to teach the middle school kids about gay sex. I said "no" and not just no but hell no as I walked out of the meeting. I was willing to lose my job over it. Im glad I was there to block that garbage from the kids but the fact remains that administrators and school boards and especially unions are radicals.

Good for you. That's bullshit even by blue state standards. Good thing unions dont have a pot to piss in, in Texas

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom