• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    http://s30.photobucket.com/user/slfreeman/library/Colt 1
    Some years ago an Uncle gave me a Colt revolver. He said it was manufactured in 1919, bought by the guy that he bought it from in 1923. Came to Uncle in the '70s I think. Came with a period looking holster. He said that was all he knew about it. The bluing is very worn in a few places. I think from living its life in that holster. Well he has passed and I'd like to know if what he said was true. And of course what it might be worth. I used to run 20 or so rounds a year thru it just for grins. Functions like a Colt product should. Has a chip out of the right grip and the left has the first owners name and the year 1923 scratched onto the inside. If the link works there are 12 pictures of the piece. I will admit I am entertaining selling it, but not at the moment.
    If you Colt guys would tell me what you know I be appreciated. When I do sell I will post here first. Unless its not worth beans and I just put it back in the safe. After all a gun that shoots this well is not a bad thing to have around.
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Being old, a Colt, and unmolested it has to be worth something. I have no idea though.

If I had an heirloom like that it would stay in my safe (besides when I was shooting it).

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I have a Colt Bankers Special .38 revolver made in 1920. It was my grandfather's. This sight has good info about old Colts: coltautos.com

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Thanks oohrah. I now know it was manufactured in 1913. I think I may check out some other Colt sites.

Top Bottom