• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    I was pulled over for the first time today since I received my concealed carry licence. The DPS officer was very professional, no issue what so ever about me carrying. Two thing that I will change after this encounter, one is to make sure that my inspection sticker is up to date. The second thing is to take my wallet out of my pocket before I get in my car. It was a little unnerving to have a grown man digging in my front pocket to fish out my wallet.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Wow. Never had that happen. I am on my 5th straight warning after they find out I had a CHL. Usually they seem at ease when I tell them I'm a CHL holder.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    You carry your wallet in your front pocket? Why wouldn't he let you retrieve the wallet? Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Wallet in my front pocket for years. Keeps you from having back issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That is excessive. Not sure why he felt the need to drag you out of the car and pat down or whatever.

With no more information than provided, you can tell it was excessive? Hiw do you know he was "drug out of the car"? How do you know the OP didn't step out on his own? Either is possible, isn't it?

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Old dudes know not to keep wallets in the back pocket. I kept mine in my back pocket until my early 30's. Then I started to get numbness in my toe. Moving the wallet to the front pocket solved the issue a year later.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Sorry guys was away for a bit. I'm left handed and carry on my left side same as my wallet. I did what was taught and kept my hands on the wheel. He let me know that was going to retrieve my wallet for me. I'm sure it was as unpleasant for him as it was for me.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    It's a somewhat common problem. Not everyone is affected. For some it puts pressure on your sciatic nerve.

tarheel7734

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Living in NC, but from Texas
    With no more information than provided, you can tell it was excessive? Hiw do you know he was "drug out of the car"? How do you know the OP didn't step out on his own? Either is possible, isn't it?
    Could he have stepped out on his own, but why then would the officer need to reach in his pocket. I by no way ment physically dragged out. Of all my stops i have never gotten out nor asked to get out of my car.

To the op. When you got pulled over why did you not retreive wallet before he got out of his car? Is it just not physically able to? If so i can understand as i suffer from compression fractures in several vertebrae.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    To the op. When you got pulled over why did you not retreive wallet before he got out of his car? Is it just not physically able to? If so i can understand as i suffer from compression fractures in several vertebrae.

Didn't have time to get my wallet, was looking for my insurance card. .buy the time I had it he was right buy my passenger window so I put my hands on the steering wheel

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I carry a very slim wallet in front pocket too. Non folding, just a leather set of slots for cards on one side, and a windowed slot for ID on the other. Cash is folded and slid into side pocket of the wallet, next to 3 business cards. I can retrieve it easily when seated (drive thru and such) without unbuckling the seat belt.

Top Bottom