• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Long story short, someone nose dived into my rear passenger quarter panel on my truck. I got 2 of the dents out by reaching my hand up and popping them out. I got one that is further up and a pain in the ass to get to with my hand. It's one of those easily flexible pop out dents like the other two. Any ideas on how to pop it out without taking the tire off and the inner wheel well shielding?

I started to take apart the wheel well and eff that. Not only does it have bolts I need to remove on the outside, I also have to remove the edge guard on the outside of the truck. Not worth the hassle for a barely noticeable flexed in piece of metal. I was told to try a plunger but that didn't work out.
    Guns International

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Can of air, turn upside down, spray on dent until it's all frozen over. May have to be repeated and depends on the size of the simple.

Otherwise, hot glue stick and then pull.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Didn't know about canned air upside down. I'll see what I can muster up, I'd like to get it pulled out before I get rid of this giant pos. Going back to VW, truck has been in the shop over 8 times out of 2 years of ownership and Toyota barely supports their own product.

ScS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    saline
    Suction cup has worked for me. If it is more like a ding I have seen dents removed from stainless leading edge of aircraft by rubbing with dry ice.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yeah its flexed in, no dings. I'll grab some air on the way home from work tomorrow and if that doesn't work, I'll give suction cups a try if I can find some that fit, its in a weird position. As far as magnets go, I want to avoid metal on metal since the truck is still new and I don't want to eff up the paint. That's why I'm kinda hesitant on the glue thing too.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    dry ice, suction cups/plunger will pull dents as long as there is not a crease. if there is a crease, would be best to use a screw in dent puller along the line of the crease, then smooth it with bondo.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Harbor Freight has a dent pulling kit that comes with various sizes of suction cups and a dent puller. Last time I looked it was $14.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Some years ago, I went to a dealership for parts and saw an amazing process called "Dent Wizard" being used in the parking lot. The dealers use them when one of their new vehicles gets smacked in the lot. They don't want to do body work on the dent, so Dent Wizard uses a series of long levers and rods to remove the dent. They set up mirrors to verify that the panels are straight.

I stayed for a while and saw it work. It was totally amazing! Don't know what it costs but they can restore the vehicle without paint or bodywork.

Flash

Top Bottom