• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Third Coast thermal loaned me a a Pulsar Core RXQ 30v two look at and use for a few weeks. I was interested in looking at this unit because I was giving the same opportunity to use the Sig Echo last year.

The Core RXQ30V has a French 384x288 core with a 50Hz refresh rate. The Image is presented on a 640x480 AMOLED display.

The Core RXQ30V has a base 1.6x magnification. The Digital zoom goes from with 2x, 3x to 4x.

Some of my initial observations about the unit

It is small and compact.

It's very light.

You can use it as a handheld scanner or mounted on your rifle.

The mount system appears to be very primitive compared to the LaRue mounts that I'm used to.

The menu system takes some getting used to.

However, once you get used to navigating in the menu it works.

It is relatively easy two sight in. I did not use the one shot side in I used a more traditional method.

The mount appears to somewhat Return To Zero. This is a tentative assessment based on removing it once and putting back on and hitting a 8 inch steel plate at a hundred yards.

The lens cover is not going to fall off. I'm not sure how much I like it.

Even though this is an an entry-level unit, it is very usable. You can walk around with it and scan to shut it off there's one button that you push on the top of the unit.

Image quality is something that is lacking in the Sig Echo. The Pulsar Core RXQ 30v has a very usable image. I'll let is not up to the top the line Coors and displays, or a entry-level unit it is very useful. I was able to easily pick out a 8 inch steel plate at 100 yd on a warm day. The Bastille Target had been slightly heated by burning paint that was sprayed on it. It was just enough of a temperature differential to make the plate visible. You can see this in the photos below. I do not believe I would have been able to pick that played out with the other entry level unit that I have used.

The only other entry-level thermal weapon sight that I've used is the Sig Echo. In my mind this is a much better choice than the Sig Echo. It is much more user-friendly. The Pulsar Core RXQ30V is something that is actually usable in the field and is a much more capable device than the Sig.

ThirdCoastThermalllc.com

The new entry level thermal.
    Demo and open box sale at Third Coast Thermal. Contact Clifford@thirdcoastthermal.com

Third Coast Thermal is having an open box and demo sale. Thermals, IR lasers, Binoculars and optics are on sale.
    7d5effd0179da883940c20fd3daa8989.jpg

One of the problems I've run into mounting thermal weapon sights on both guns is the eye relief issue with the traditional stock. As primitive as the Pulsar Core RXQ 30v Mount is, it does allow you to mount it far enough back to use it on a bolt gun.

96a5a1026cbbce87445a851120c5fb76.jpg

2dc0d8f80261280aaf4b887eb8467263.jpg

I adjusted the Pulsar Core RXQ 30v on the mounts Rail and put it on my POF P-415. You can see the 50 yard in the hundred-yard steel Targets in the photo below.

507a1f0e12adafe167353098d77c5ff3.jpg

2a010ff57760d8a5b86b866ad59a21de.jpg

This was taken Friday, for the Friday guns at the range event. As you can see I'm wearing my Urban hipster camouflage. It matches the flags

99dff2330e2067c8944849fbfe090a08.jpg
    I took this picture through the optic. You can see the 50-yard steel and 2 of The 100 yd steals. The 50-yard steel is at ambient temperature

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:
    Top Bottom