• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    OK, I thought I was aware of most things like this, but I must have skipped class when they covered this topic

In Texas and Arkansas you can paint fence post and or trees on your property lines to indicate legal no trespassing warnings.

I have seen this a time or two and didn't think much about it, then I ran across it and looked it up. A friend also said his daughter was taught that in Hunters Safey class, but I'm old enough I didn't have to take that.

I just wondered how many people generally are aware of this law and how long it has been in place
    Guns International

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Been in place for a while now. Seems most folks who own land tend to know about this and most city types don't.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Been in place for a while now. Seems most folks who own land tend to know about this and most city types don't.

that explains how I became aware of it after buying my own rural acreage

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Heard about it for the first time, about 3 years ago from one of the guys on the deer lease.

LEEROY JENKINS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Texas Gulf Coast
    PENAL CODE CHAPTER 30. BURGLARY AND CRIMINAL TRESPASS

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
    (1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or
    (2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.
    (b) For purposes of this section:
    (1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.
    (2) "Notice" means:
    (A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
    (B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;
    (C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;
    (D) the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
    (i) vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
    (ii) placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground; and
    (iii) placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
    (a) 100 feet apart on forest land; or
    (b) 1,000 feet apart on land other than forest land;

Top Bottom