Target Sports

Push comes to shove: How good a shot are you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How well can you shoot under pressure at 100, 200 & 500 yards?

• I’m a consistent sub-MOA Shooter at all distances in any situation

Votes: 1 1.7%
    • I’m a sub-MOA shooter at the range, likely 1-2 MOA otherwise

Votes: 12 20.3%
    • 1-2 MOA at the range, 2-3 under pressure at all distances

Votes: 14 23.7%
    • I can hit a moving van at 50 yards

Votes: 17 28.8%
    • I have enough ammo for my semi to hit anything eventually

Votes: 10 16.9%
    • Belt / Can-Fed GAU-19, all targets will be quickly destroyed

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The very last thing I want to see is a war coming to America. When it comes to using guns in a fight with other human beings, my mindset is on defense, not offense. I have no delusions of being Rambo. I'm well past thoughts of taking the fight to others, especially if it involves having to run even a 10 minute mile while carrying 80 pounds on my back.

Having never been in a gunfight for my life, I can't say exactly what I would do. Even dreaming up scenarios of what could happen, it probably wouldn't be exactly as I imagined.

One thing I can say is, I have determination. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to live forever, but that doesn't mean I don't have an instinct to survive. Bring the fight to me, and I promise you this old fart can muster the energy to squeeze the trigger.
    DK Firearms

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    The very last thing I want to see is a war coming to America. When it comes to using guns in a fight with other human beings, my mindset is on defense, not offense. I have no delusions of being Rambo. I'm well past thoughts of taking the fight to others, especially if it involves having to run even a 10 minute mile while carrying 80 pounds on my back.

Having never been in a gunfight for my life, I can't say exactly what I would do. Even dreaming up scenarios of what could happen, it probably wouldn't be exactly as I imagined.

One thing I can say is, I have determination. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to live forever, but that doesn't mean I don't have an instinct to survive. Bring the fight to me, and I promise you this old fart can muster the energy to squeeze the trigger.
    Right there with you. I am not young and fit enough anymore to be on any front lines.
    If the racist Biden moron finally starts his civil war that they want so badly, I am not going fighting for others. I will be here, defending our neighborhood, should Antifa terrorists decide to burn it down. We have enough armed neighbors to fight off plenty of Biden's fascist thugs. I don't think I am the best shot in the world but if I have to be lying on my roof with an AR or something, I'll just keep pulling the trigger until they stop coming. Not worried whether I hit the bullseye center mass. Just stop the threat and be done with it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Not only can I not carry an 80 pound pack, I can't run more than a few uards. If that. What I can do if trouble comes is shoot at a distance and slow invaders down to let others get set to fight. And if we are in danger of being over run, give others a chance to escape and regroup.
    I am old and decrepit. Running, hand to hand and escape and evasion is out of the question. What I do have is a brain and determination.
    Never under estimate a grumpy old man that has nothing left to loose and is determined to take as many of his attackers with him as is possible.
    Everything costs. And I intend to make it as costly as possible. Bullets don't care about your physical condition. They have niether concience, compassion or mercy. If you attack me, niether do I.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'll tell the secretary to be sure and CC you on any further Super Secret Squirrel (Delta level) memos from now on.

Might be a while though. You know how they are with these things.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Y'all ain't thinkin' right. Just call the Air Force.

They need something to do after playing golf and tennis all day.

giphy.gif

Here ya go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Well, living in Houston proper, I can tell you that judging from the majority in my hood, a respectable number may have a pistol for defense, but doubtful it’s used much. Stereo type here, but just based on the lifestyle they lead, car they drive etc, I’m not sure they would be a real threat. The gang bangers at the low rent apartments skirting my neighborhood would be the biggest thread, but they probably suck too. Doubtful they go to the range, and the only practice they have is spraying on the streets. Compared to the community on this forum, I’m probably a solid “C”. Compared to the average schmuck or banger, I’d say I’m an “A-“. I say this based of a lifelong buddy who I took to the range for the first time a few weeks ago. He was all over the paper at just 7 yards.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Well, living in Houston proper, I can tell you that judging from the majority in my hood, a respectable number may have a pistol for defense, but doubtful it’s used much. Stereo type here, but just based on the lifestyle they lead, car they drive etc, I’m not sure they would be a real threat. The gang bangers at the low rent apartments skirting my neighborhood would be the biggest thread, but they probably suck too. Doubtful they go to the range, and the only practice they have is spraying on the streets. Compared to the community on this forum, I’m probably a solid “C”. Compared to the average schmuck or banger, I’d say I’m an “A-“. I say this based of a lifelong buddy who I took to the range for the first time a few weeks ago. He was all over the paper at just 7 yards.
    Where you live was not long ago a very well kept, nice, high priced homes. Until Katrina, like most of Houston area turned into New Arlins

Top Bottom