• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have a small engine repair business been doing this for a while now and I cant seem to get this one started. Its one of those common briggs and stratton 6 hp motor. Its been sitting for a while so I cleaned out the carburetor, all the passage ways, I removed the older plug it was a little black with gas on it. So I changed that out. Same problem. So then I taped the throttle handle down and hooked up a volt meter to the coil Im getting strong readings. I checked the primer bulb its not cracked and I can hear air being pumped. What am I missing here?
    Hurley's Gold

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    my brother had a datsun that sat for a whille. Would start but stall right away due to laquering of the lines. would get enough to start but not enough to stay running.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    The gate with the air cleaner off is opened. I put a small amount of sea foam in the plug and it wont even start. Ok this is strange but after 3 pulls now the engine locks up I can turn the blade by hand and it unlocks. Hmmm Sounds like the piston is stuck or.. well time to look at it. Its got the right amount of oil so its not over filled.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Im wondering if the compression is bad because the piston is worn. The guy ran 93 octane in it a couple of times. Ive heard your not suppose to do that.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ok I took the top end off and theres metal shavings in the cylinder. I drained the top of the piston there was fuel but I can only turn so much before it locks.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom