• ...and so much more!
  • ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    5atetedu.jpg

http://ideas.time.com/2013/10/17/10-reasons-texas-is-our-future/
    As a non-native who married into Texas, I'm not sure how I feel about this article.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The most dangerous thing in the world is a yankee with a U-Haul

They out to be quarantined like any other dangerous disease

Look what these kind of people did to Arizona and Colorado? They come in and bring their defective liberal brains with them.
    They vote, they get elected to city councils and school boards.

This trend sucks and Texas is doomed

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am a transplant to Texas, but I came here expecting to adapt to this state and not the other way around. We chose Texas because it suited us on a number of levels, I am a conservative right winger with strong patriotic beliefs. I believe in helping those in need but not those who are lazy. I think everyone has an obligation to help society in one way or the other, be it military service or simply volunteering in some manner to benefit others. I believe in a government that serves us and not the other way around. I highly respect those who sacrifice for the greater good, such as those in the military but also first responders such as the police, fire department and EMTs. I treat others with respect but expect the same from them, and when they violate that I have no qualms in calling them out on it.

I believe these to be true Texas values and ones that should be honored and defended. I welcome any other newcomers to this state that accept Texas for what it is and honor its vast, rich history. Those with the intent on changing it into something else are lacking respect for this great land, and I will respond accordingly.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Like rats fleeing sinking ships!!

Also, consider the source... Time magazine.
    This article is in line with the agenda to turn Texas Blue. They want Texas so bad they are going to do or say whatever they can to get it.

I was not born in Texas either, but my daughter was and God willing, so will her children be as well, and I'll be damned if all the attitudes and politics I fled is going to set up camp here!!
    I will do what I can at the voting booth, but honestly I believe it's going to require a bigger response then voting alone.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    All this naysaying and what a lot of people are forgetting is that the true believers are staying in their home states. The people fleeing to Texas are those fed up and want to join like minded people.

I do know some people who moved here that are very liberal and did so because of work transfers. It happens and will keep happening. However, what we should be considering is the people moving here voluntarily. Many of them are doing so because they are tired of their rights being violated, tired of high taxes, and tired of insane regulations that strangle both business and the common man.

If you're really worried about it, don't stop voting. Too many states they simply let this happen and complain. Texas has a pretty good voting record and hopefully will continue to do so.

Remember, the future belongs to those who show up.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    New Hampshire was a solid red state at one time. Then the Masshole libs came, after damaging there state. Now NH is very blue leaning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    All this naysaying and what a lot of people are forgetting is that the true believers are staying in their home states. The people fleeing to Texas are those fed up and want to join like minded people.

I do know some people who moved here that are very liberal and did so because of work transfers. It happens and will keep happening. However, what we should be considering is the people moving here voluntarily. Many of them are doing so because they are tired of their rights being violated, tired of high taxes, and tired of insane regulations that strangle both business and the common man.

If you're really worried about it, don't stop voting. Too many states they simply let this happen and complain. Texas has a pretty good voting record and hopefully will continue to do so.

Remember, the future belongs to those who show up.

Many transplants come here because of lack of those things that make Texas what it is where they came from, then immediately kneejerk vote for the same progressive ideals that caused them to move in the first place. Go figure ...

Neighbors from NY, been here less than two years, and the very morning after Wendy Davis indicated a run for governor, before the ink was dry on the bytes, they had "Win With Wendy" bumper sticker on both cars.

Now, convince me that didn't take some prior planning!

You better damned well better believe we need to vote ... early, and often, like they will. :shades:

"Come on down to Texas ... for a while."
    (Steve Fromholz)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Many transplants come here because of lack of those things that make Texas what it is where they came from, then immediately kneejerk vote for the same progressive ideals that caused them to move in the first place. Go figure ...

Neighbors from NY, been here less than two years, and the very morning after Wendy Davis indicated a run for governor, before the ink was dry on the bytes, they had "Win With Wendy" bumper sticker on both cars.

Now, convince me that didn't take some prior planning!

You better damned well better believe we need to vote ... early, and often, like they will. :shades:

"Come on down to Texas ... for a while."
    (Steve Fromholz)

Sorry to hear about your NY neighbors ...

Firefighters-Let-House-Burn-For-Not-Paying-Fee.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    #5... If you don't own your home already, do it now. If you do, buy more property. It's only going to go up.

Something about that article just seems a bit off, tho... I do agree that Texas is “America’s America”, but I wonder what that really means to the author.

I'm not a native Texan, either. I came here mostly out of boredom, but I instantly sprouted roots. That had never happened to me before. I must have been a native Texan in a former life or something. :laughing:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    My pappy used to say that liberals who moved to Texas were like hemorrhoids -- they are a pain in the A$$ until they either move up to Austin or die.

Top Bottom