Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I don't believe he is a Christian. He is most likely playing an angle with his own people and the Christians here in the US.
    He speaks the truth nonetheless.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    In his state of the nation address in mid-December, Mr. Putin also portrayed Russia as a staunch defender of “traditional values” against what he depicted as the morally bankrupt West. Social and religious conservatism, the former KGB officer insisted, is the only way to prevent the world from slipping into “chaotic darkness.”
    As part of this defense of “Christian values,” Russia has adopted a law banning “homosexual propaganda” and another that makes it a criminal offense to “insult” the religious sensibilities of believers.
    The law on religious sensibilities was adopted in the wake of a protest in Moscow’s largest cathedral by a female punk rock group against the Orthodox Church’s support of Mr. Putin. Kremlin-run television said the group’s “demonic” protest was funded by “some Americans.”
    Mr. Putin’s views of the West were echoed this month by Patriarch Kirill I of Moscow, the leader of the Orthodox Church, who accused Western countries of engaging in the “spiritual disarmament” of their people.

I agree with much of what Putin is saying here, it's just hard to know whether or not he is being sincere in his objectives or whether this is a power grab that will be considered acceptable by the majority of conservative Russians.

The strength of the US is that we have a Bill of Rights which protects free speech, even if it is unpopular, propagandistic, and funded by foreign interests. Unfortunately, our society is degenerating because of it and is in desperate need of a revival.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I don't believe he is a Christian. He is most likely playing an angle with his own people and the Christians here in the US.
    He speaks the truth nonetheless.

if he is a Christian it must be something that just happened

he is spot on about Obama and America though

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Putin did manage to keep our troops out of that mess in Syria, while that bunch of knuckleheads in D.C. were dead set on sending them in to that quagmire. And his take on what's necessary to deal with Muslim incursion is a lot more logical than the "welcome them to the neighborhood" that they get from our Commie-in-Chief.

Don't get me wrong; Putin is a cruel, despotic, evil communist bastard. He's just a better leader than the cruel, despotic, evil communist bastard that resides in our White House.

Top Bottom