• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    After reading the OPs last response, I believe that telling the person to stop will help to establish the harass or annoy sections of the code.

BCSO asked us to send one response to the effect your repeated contact is unwanted, annoying, harassing, and abusive. Do not contact me anymore; I do not wish to have any further communication or interaction with you via phone, text, email, social media, or any other form of communication ever.

This notice helps establish the sender’s intent to harass and covers other forms of contact that may reveal the sender’s identity.

They were also honest that tying a specific person to these texts may be difficult if the texts stop.

OSI is being a little more helpful with some technical capabilities and other investigating but don’t guarantee anything. They did appreciate us having sent the no more contact message as it helps establish intent for 18USC 2261 Stalking, but there also has to repeated contact in the future to meet the element of ‘acts with intent to harass’.

As it stands, there’s been no further contact from the sender.

Sock Puppet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    Since my wife is a Department of the Air Force Civilian, we’ve also been advised we can contact AFOSI because the texts indicate the sender has daily interactions with her in the workplace.

I would also advise her security manager/SSO to report it too. If her team has a recall roster, I would check the roster for a phone number that matches.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Since replying with the message BCSO asked us to, we have yet to deal with this again.

We’ve been advised if we receive any similar messages from this # or from a new number to reply similarly and contact our investigator.

AFOSI has not seen the # on networks they can monitor, but have asked us to keep them apprised.

The USAF HR people and the union have been informed and will continue to be informed.

If this hasn’t happened to you, be glad; if it has, I’m sorry. While this is likely one of her coworkers, going from suspicion to proof is hard.

Thanks for listening and helping.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Since replying with the message BCSO asked us to, we have yet to deal with this again.

We’ve been advised if we receive any similar messages from this # or from a new number to reply similarly and contact our investigator.

AFOSI has not seen the # on networks they can monitor, but have asked us to keep them apprised.

The USAF HR people and the union have been informed and will continue to be informed.

If this hasn’t happened to you, be glad; if it has, I’m sorry. While this is likely one of her coworkers, going from suspicion to proof is hard.

Thanks for listening and helping.
    I’m glad it has gotten better and your wife doesn’t have to deal with that idiot and situation any longer.

Having said that, from your own burner phone, some provocative messages to the original number could be interesting. Random pics from the interwebs to get them riled up could be interesting. Maybe it’s just the Marine in me that would like to go in the for the kill shot.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Maybe it’s just the Marine in me that would like to go in the for the kill shot.

I’d send this pic:
    51b84c1f5eb2f2642f15285f4a297d7f.jpg

Attachments

• 51b84c1f5eb2f2642f15285f4a297d7f.jpg
      51b84c1f5eb2f2642f15285f4a297d7f.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 226
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members