quad rail quality difference?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by DCortez, Dec 9, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    How much of a quality difference is there between Yankee Hill Machine Co. and UTG quad rails as well as other accessories?

2. TXchoctaw

TXchoctaw Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Euless
    I have a Yankee Hill carbine quad rail, I think it's great quality. I hear the main drawback is the weight, mine is the older version. They now have some that are supposed to be lighter.

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    IMHO YHM beats UTG hands down... which one did you pick up the other day?

4. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have a UTG Quad Rail that seems to do its job. It has a nice finish to it and holds things. I gave $60 for it and it has not let me down. I think the cheapest YHM I saw was almost double at the time so that is the only reason I went with the UTG.

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The weight on ours seems perfect.

YHM. Feels like a quality piece.

UTG rails I looked at online ere half the price. We are thinking about getting another AR or AK for my son since my wife "stole" his :rofl:. So, the search is on.

6. Stangfan93

Stangfan93 Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    This might be off topic but, as Southerners doesn't it bother you to have something named YANKEE Hill Machine?

I kind of refuse to buy something if it has yankee in the title.

7. codygjohnson

codygjohnson Eats breakfast everyday Lifetime Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I’ve had a Yankee Hill Lightweight Specter Length Forearm on my AR for several years and I love it. A buddy of mine broke a UTG not too long ago. He had the front point of his sling attached to it and snapped it in two putting tension on it. It seemed like a decent piece besides that. I’ve heard of other folks doing the same thing to much more expensive RIS’s. I’ve got a UTG on a Cetme and another on an AKM, but neither support the kind of weight that some free floated AR models do.

8. mmay1

mmay1 New Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Fort Worth

9. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I have the UTG on both my AR's and think the quality is great and as some one else pointed out..........at least half the price of YHM. I would highly recommend the UTG.

10. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I have a UTG Quad rail and am only having mixed feelings because of how much I have already spent on the lower alone... I haven't opened the box since I am not sure I am going to stick with it or try and get something else before the rifle kit arrives.