• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I love chicken and cook (roast) a lot of it. I use the meat for a wide variety of dishes from roast chicken, burritos, chilli chicken and a host of others. I love chicken pot pies, so today while doing laundry, I'm making my own.

Got the meat off of 3-4 chicken thighs, added a family size can of cream of chicken soup, can of mixed veggies, can of peas. The oven is set for 375 degrees which is the biscuit cooking temp. Tube biscuits are all ready to place on top of the mix, but I want it to be close to boiling before they are added. Got a temperature probe in the soup mix and I'm watching it thicken up a bit.

It's been 1 1/2 hours so far, but once it's up to temperature, the biscuits will only take 15 minutes more. Meanwhile, I'm on my 3rd load of laundry, so the time is well spent!

It was almost freezing this morning, so the oven felt pretty good!

Edit: Don't add a whole can of water to the Cream of Chicken soup like the directions say. Add about a 1/2 can of water so the mix is thicker. Cook the biscuits dark brown so they get done on the bottom.

It's a big batch. It should carry me all week!

Flash

Last edited:

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    My wife and kids are off on some cross country pre-christmas journey to the communist hell hole of Northern Wisconsin. It is just Dad for dinner.

New York strip, baked potatoe and some bacon wrapped japs. All topped off with some Tin Cup whiskey.

I also have the original Blade runner circa 1982 on the tele.
    6a1d5b081d4eda285acb8525ce373859.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Perfect quarantine vittles made yesterday. Homemade chili!

Just enough spice to wake up the palate, but not be brutal.

We have plenty enough to carry over for several days, even after sending some out to family and friends.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Update on my home made chicken pot pie:
    With the mix in the oven, it begins to bubble at 50 minutes, so that's when I add the biscuits. Water in the mix works better at about 1/3 can of water because I like it thicker.

Flash

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Update on my home made chicken pot pie:
    With the mix in the oven, it begins to bubble at 50 minutes, so that's when I add the biscuits. Water in the mix works better at about 1/3 can of water because I like it thicker.

Flash
    I use the $.99 HEB frozen pie crusts and put potatoes, carrots, onions, and a copious amount of garlic in the mix. Instead of cream of chicken soup, I use chicken gravy mix. I sauté the veggies & chicken breasts in olive oil, and par boil the potatoes. Mix it and the gravy all together and simmer for a few minutes, then in to the pie crust, cover with the other crust, Brush top with melted butter and bake at 350 for 30 minutes until its golden brown. Good eats!

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    My wife and kids are off on some cross country pre-christmas journey to the communist hell hole of Northern Wisconsin. It is just Dad for dinner.

New York strip, baked potatoe and some bacon wrapped japs. All topped off with some Tin Cup whiskey.

I also have the original Blade runner circa 1982 on the tele.
    6a1d5b081d4eda285acb8525ce373859.jpg

I figured I would quote myself on this one. When I was single man shopping the steak was a 2 pack for 8 bucks, 2 potatoes for a buck sixty.

Tonight ot was garlic mashed potatoe, reverse seared steak with garlic and rosemary and a fresh from the freezer baguette.
    27b625e94f93ef062faefe3dc545c57b.jpg

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It's a dreary, cold and windy day, so I tried something new for breakfast.

Had a package of "Richards" Boudan (pork & rice sausage) in the freezer. It was fully cooked, so I tossed the sausages into the countertop oven to brown them a bit.

Meanwhile, two Jumbo eggs went into the nuke sunny side up.

It all came together for a great breakfast! I like ketchup, so that dressed up the sausage and salt & pepper helped the eggs. There's lots of sausage left, so we'll try it again, tomorrow.

Flash

Last edited:

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    A little twist tonight. Mrs Pronstar has a hankering for ramen, soooo...

Shoyu Ramen, made from scratch, with tempura shrimp and tempura sauce, also from scratch.

70163926aafbba1ce7ad482b62003340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You really have to stop posting this late at night. Now I'm gonna be dreaming of food and probably wake up and start cooking.
    Figured out a way you can help out though, RECIPES :)

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    From the other night...

Steak salad

I did the steak differently, because skirt streak was on sale LOL

Sous vide skirt steak at 137 degrees for 4 hours, finished with a mayo char in a hot as hell cast iron skillet. It was awesome but I’d like to break-down the connective tissue a bit more...gonna try 8 hours next time.

Mayo char (I used avocado mayo):

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom