• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Never ever had a problem as herein in regards to pistol ammo as it headspaces from the case mouthin semi auto pistols. Primers breaking down because of repeated unloading is also a stretch for civilians but easily cured. Load a magazine of range ammo and just shoot the chambered round to start your range day. Depending on the type of pistol, I do not always carry a chambered round. P7M8 I do, Glock I do not. A bit of practice with charging the weapon during the draw makes for safer carry for me, but its not for everyone.
    With rifles it is not just much more likely to be a problem, its darn near a given that the bullet crimp could fail and cause problems. This also should not be an issue for the vast majority of us as we normally do not shoot much different ammunition between the range and elsewhere like defensive pistol ammo.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    headspaces from the case mouthin semi auto pistols.

Where the ammunition headspaces isn't the issue with setback, it is the fact that you slam the bullet into the feedramp over and over. Depending on the pistol, the angle of attack from the magazine can be less than optimal and result in a significant amount of pushback on the bullet. Crimp won't save you from bullet setback, neck tension is the key in both rifle and pistol ammunition.

Top Bottom