• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collin8579

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Austin tx
    Hello,
    I have a reloading setup I’m wanting to sell, including a lot of supplies as well. I have some suggestions from friends to use gunbroker, but I Would rather sell locally or state. I intend to use the classified. What is the best way to valuate the equip and supplies prior to posting in classifieds. Edit from a fuller post
    Thank you
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I'll say it.

This is likely the wrong place to try to maximize your return. On gunbrokers two fools can make you rich. Folks here are pretty savy regarding value.

If you break it up you'll maybe find someone willing to pay 2 or 3 times what you paid for the primers, but I hope nobody out here is paying the GB rate.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That is my base intent
    Then I suggest you proceed. Now.

What you're doing in this sub-forum is skirting the rules regarding sales by announcing an intent to sell and posting pictures of items that will be for sale in a place other than the classifieds. I realize you're new but we've had to become pretty severe with the influx of new folks who are here just long enough to try to make a buck and don't care about contributing to the community.

To be clear, the ban hammer is floating over your head. If you want to join the community, then take part for a while and earn a good reputation and people will love buying from you. If you don't care to contribute to the community, then just skip all that by becoming a supporter and placing your ads. Or follow Dred's advice.

Whatever you decide, I suggest you do it quickly. I'm documenting my thought process here so that others may learn but you could be summarily banned by any other mod at any time. That was my first instinct, btw.

Collin8579

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Austin tx
    So let me see if I have this straight. You want us to help you determine what your items are worth, but plan on selling somewhere else?

Wow.
    I didn’t realize there was a classified when I posted my original post. It wasn’t visible. I have since realized that and for a sub so I can poke around. I fully intend on using that in lieu of gunbroker as I prefer to work with people locally

Collin8579

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Austin tx

What you're doing in this sub-forum is skirting the rules regarding sales by announcing an intent to sell and posting pictures of items that will be for sale in a place other than the classifieds. I realize you're new but we've had to become pretty severe with the influx of new folks who are here just long enough to try to make a buck and don't care about contributing to the community.

To be clear, the ban hammer is floating over your head. If you want to join the community, then take part for a while and earn a good reputation and people will love buying from you. If you don't care to contribute to the community, then just skip all that by becoming a supporter and placing your ads. Or follow Dred's advice.

Whatever you decide, I suggest you do it quickly. I'm documenting my thought process here so that others may learn but you could be summarily banned by any other mod at any time. That was my first instinct, btw.
    I appreciate your willingness to discuss. I’ll take down this post as it wasn’t intended to skirt any rules. I have a sub now and will go to the classifieds. Deleting pics now.

Collin8579

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Austin tx

How is that post edit? Better?

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've had good luck on GB lately. List what you have, take a lot of good photos, and start a 7 or 9 day no reserve penny auction.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How is that post edit? Better?
    I am, frankly, shocked that a newbie actually listened and promptly took appropriate action to correct a mistake. I salute you, sir.

Normal boilerplate warning, though: Remember to review the rules at the top of the classifieds section before posting there. You can avoid all kinds of problems with just a couple of minutes of careful reading.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Your best return would be to sell everything non-hazmat on Gun Broker as @andre3k advised. Things are selling stupid high there right now.

For hazmat items, sell them locally.

Collin8579

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Austin tx
    I am, frankly, shocked that a newbie actually listened and promptly took appropriate action to correct a mistake. I salute you, sir.

Normal boilerplate warning, though: Remember to review the rules at the top of the classifieds section before posting there. You can avoid all kinds of problems with just a couple of minutes of careful reading.
    I wasn’t intending on skirting rules to begin with. I had read over the rules section and didn’t see anything that seemed to prohibit what I had intended. Guess not close enough. Appreciate your time and I’ll be more diligent with the classifieds.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Now that our new member has scrubbed his potential rule violations from his initial post (Thanks, again!), his original question remains valid.
    What is the best way to valuate the equip and supplies prior to posting in classifieds
    What's the best way to assess the current selling prices of this stuff? Where do you find comparables?

This is a serious question from me, too. I'm just not plugged into the secondary markets like (I guess) I should be.

Top Bottom