• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Now that our new member has scrubbed his potential rule violations from his initial post (Thanks, again!), his original question remains valid.

What's the best way to assess the current selling prices of this stuff? Where do you find comparables?

This is a serious question from me, too. I'm just not plugged into the secondary markets like (I guess) I should be.

Honestly, Ebay might have been a good source to see what reloading equipment was usually selling for. But with many retailers being out of stock on even reloading equipment as well as the supplies, I would say it's really a seller's market right now, and probably for the foreseeable future, depending on what factory ammo tends to do in the near future.
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I would say it's really a seller's market right now,
    Checking completed sales on GunBroker seems to confirm that. I see some plain old sets of rifle dies for over $250 but a lot more in the $75-$100 range.

That's high, to me, for dies that I can't be sure are unused. I've seen some horribly abused dies in my time and I'd hate to pay big money for, say, a carbide sizing die that's been used with gritty brass.

Seating dies I'd take a chance on but I've seen too many people trying to sell scored sizing dies and pretending they didn't know they were damaged. That was back when I could inspect them, with a flashlight, at gun shows. Over the internet? I'd be wary, very wary.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Checking completed sales on GunBroker seems to confirm that. I see some plain old sets of rifle dies for over $250 but a lot more in the $75-$100 range.

That's high, to me, for dies that I can't be sure are unused. I've seen some horribly abused dies in my time and I'd hate to pay big money for, say, a carbide sizing die that's been used with gritty brass.

Seating dies I'd take a chance on but I've seen too many people trying to sell scored sizing dies and pretending they didn't know they were damaged. That was back when I could inspect them, with a flashlight, at gun shows. Over the internet? I'd be wary, very wary.

Well, it seems that if the retailers are out of stock, and someone wants specific reloading equipment, and the sellers know this, they can jack up the prices quite a bit. Just like we are seeing with ammo sales.

I only bought one resizing die off Ebay, and the seller had a 99.8% rating, so I took a chance. It was a old, brand new RCBS 30-30 die and even came with the plastic box. Shipping and all it was a little less than $15, and it was in mint condition. I have bought a few other things for reloading off Ebay, but that was the only die I bought. Most of all my new dies that I have added came from MidwayUSA.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I sell a fair amount of reloading equipment on Ebay. Unless they are brand new, I always test all molds, dies, and scales before listing them. Always give an honest appraisal of condition as well. Take pictures, crop them down to size so the item can be easily seen.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Most of the time it’s better and faster to sell these things individually since most people just want or needs pieces.
    Agreed. I am always annoyed when someone is posting a big lot of reloading stuff, unwilling to split. Then you read the posts below to find several people asking for different parts of the lot. And you realize that if they were willing to split they would have sold most of their equipment.

Granted shipping and meeting up would be more work, but it would be done.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    To answer the OP, I think it depends on how much work you want to do.

Individual listings on gunbroker and maybe local gun shows with your hazmat would probably max your $$$ return.

Selling here everything would go quickly but most people here aren't desperate.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom