• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My son lives in the DFW area and I gave him my old Mini-14. I've noticed several posts on here about not being allowed to shoot FMJ at ranges around DFW. Is this just a few ranges? Where can one shoot FMJ bullets in the DFW area?
    Target Sports

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Elm Fork you cant

i think i remember reading that the Garland range you can - but i wouldnt swear to that

edit: re: Elm Fork - that gun is iron sights if i understand correctly - which means you could only shoot it on the 50 yard tactical range - and i think you CAN shoot FMJ on that range - just not the 100 yard range

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville is GTG. Excellent range with good prices and good RO's.

Eagle Gun

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I dont go to any of the above metioned ranges. Mainly because I'm not going to pay to shoot every time the wife and I go, and because of all of the restrictions and RO's. I go out to Ferris to TDSA, it is outdoor and FMJ is allowed.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    North Texas Shooter's Association allows Ball ammunition, but it's a members only club. I usually go 2-3 times a month and would be pleased to take your son in with me. Send me a PM if interested.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    North Texas Shooter's Association allows Ball ammunition, but it's a members only club. I usually go 2-3 times a month and would be pleased to take your son in with me. Send me a PM if interested.

TDSA is also private, but as North Texas Shooters Association we can bring folks too. Sapper, seems like we like the same kind of ranges. Lol.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    TDSA is also private, but as North Texas Shooters Association we can bring folks too. Sapper, seems like we like the same kind of ranges. Lol.
    Yup, both good clubs. The members only clubs have a lot less yay-hoos showing up.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    One of the very reasons we went private. More freedom, less yay-hoos.... Maybe we can get together sometime and do a range day.
    I'm always up for a range day with fellow enthusiasts. My work schedule until the end of March means I have to work weekends so I go during the week. Do weekdays work for you?

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I am off on the following weekdays this month. The 6th, 20th, and 30th. Any of those work for me if they work for you. I mostly go weekends but Im always up to go any time if I am off. Lol. Let me know if any of those days work for you buddy.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I am off on the following weekdays this month. The 6th, 20th, and 30th. Any of those work for me if they work for you. I mostly go weekends but Im always up to go any time if I am off. Lol. Let me know if any of those days work for you buddy.
    PM sent.

Top Bottom