• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R.Lynn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Katy
    Where do you purchase your rifles?

I have been looking into buying a new rifle. I think I want a Savage in 308 but no one I have checked with has one in stock and the prices seems high compared to what I see online. I have never purchased a gun on the internet but I might have o. I prefer to look at what I am buying before I buy it.
    DK Firearms

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've bought most on gunbrokers lately, but in Houston, I've gone with Carter's Country free finance deals or at Academy.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Tomball Pawn are very good people to deal with. If they don't have what you want in stock...they will order for you and tell you up front what it will cost. I ahve bought many things from Tomball Pawn and they are usually my first place to look for a new gun. They are also fairly fair on trade ins and don't lowball you badly like some other places.

Their prices are VERY competitive on both guns and accessories like extra mags and scopes. However, for cheapo blasting ammo, Wal Mart beats them for cheap pistol ammo. Tomball Pawn usually carries alot of defensive ammo and oddball rifle caliber ammo so they're not a total wash on the ammo scene.

You might try Pruetts Guns & Ammo but sometimes they're not all that competitive. It depends on what you're looking for. Nice people but not always the cheapest. Not the highest, either but at least they know a little about what they're selling.

If you're into high prices, try Gander Mtn or Collectors Firearms. I live 5 minutes from Gander and have NEVER bought a gun there...and probably never will. I would not say they are gougers...obviously they can get enough buyers at the prices they ask and more power to them. But I will choose not to buy there because of the prices.

Gun shows? Well, to be honest, you're about 10-15 years too late for a good gunshow. They are a shadow of their former selves and not worth the admission price, if you ask me. Unless you really, really like looking around in huge crowds and gawking at the prices...stay away. Sadly, you missed the gun show hey days.

- brickboy240

Top Bottom