• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I will keep it short. I sold something on craigslist for 300.00 bucks. The guy only had 200 until Monday and he lives about 10 minutes from my house. Stupid me, I told him i will take the 200 and the 100 on Monday. he ended up having to go out of town for work. he called said he was sorry and he would pay when he got back. 1 week went by and no call. Cell number no longer works. I went by his house and his truck was there, but nobody was home. i left a note. No call. I went by after another week. he was not there, but someone was. I left a note with him. Should i call the police? I am not as angry about the 100.00 bucks as I am the guy is trying to take me. if i get the police involved what will be the result? here is what i have:

1.The cragslist ad stating 300.00 dollars
    2.text message from the buyer stating I will give you 200.00 and then 100.00 on that following monday
    3. replies to my ad saying he will buy
    Gun Zone Deals

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    He's betting it isn't worth $100 to you, that may be why he gave you $200. He seems to have played a little roulette. Let us know what the ball landed on.

Small claims court is cheap & relatively easy. Serving him will probably be the most expensive part. You should be able to recoup your costs, but probably not time off of work.

Good luck. I'd harass him a bit longer.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I want to catch him at home at least once in person before i go the court route. I will post what happens when i catch the little.........

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    To stick to the Lawful answer and not the one we all would at least consider, Small claims court. Check with your local JP for their exact procedure, but you will likely find the need to send a certified demand letter with 10 day window for response. Save the return receipt and a copy of the letter (unopened, returned undeliverable letter is just as good). You can sue for the $100 + court costs + the cost of the letter.

His $100 bill will become $150 really quick.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    To stick to the Lawful answer and not the one we all would at least consider, Small claims court. Check with your local JP for their exact procedure, but you will likely find the need to send a certified demand letter with 10 day window for response. Save the return receipt and a copy of the letter (unopened, returned undeliverable letter is just as good). You can sue for the $100 + court costs + the cost of the letter.

His $100 bill will become $150 really quick.

Excellent. I will be looking into this come next week if there is no response by then.

AnArmyofRon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Granbury
    From what I understand, a verbal contract is binding in the state of TEXAS (I believe all letters should be in cap when spelling TEXAS). Add in time for preparing, time away from work, court costs, and what ever else you decide. What this person did does amount to theft. Good luck, I'd like to hear what happens.

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    This is definitely a civil issue and not criminal. You have made a verbal contract with this person and they have failed to uphold their end. I believe it is $125.00 to file a small claims Lawsuit at the Justice of the Peace Court. If you feel that the principle is the issue and the person will not honor their word, then file the suit and try to get a judgment against them.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Did you write down his current correct info when you sold it? Way I see it he stole your gun as he never finished paying for it. I'll bet he no longer even has it. Get word to him your reporting it stolen theft by deception & telling the law who's got it.

TXchoctaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Euless
    Do you have any proof as to your transaction? If not even in small claims court it will be hard to prove. Your word against his.

This has happened to me regarding work I've performed for plumbing, and in my opinion it's not worth the hassle. And it does sound like you're on your way to a degree from the University.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Did you write down his current correct info when you sold it? Way I see it he stole your gun as he never finished paying for it. I'll bet he no longer even has it. Get word to him your reporting it stolen theft by deception & telling the law who's got it.

It was not a firearm i sold to him. It was a lift kit for a truck. it is on his truck and I know where he lives. The moron lives about 10 minutes form me.

Top Bottom